Recommended Tune for 2011 R3 with TORs?

The timing is retarded in 1-3 on restricted models. Fitting a GIPro + ATRE (Automatic Timing Retard Eliminator) removed the restriction by, yes, eliminating the timing retard. Same thing can be done with TuneECU I have been told. I run a GIPro and was very happy with the very noticeable results.

Thanks CR3.

So the question remains - do the tunes recommended in this thread for a 2011 Roadster with TOR's address the timing restriction as well as opening up the secondaries?

The tunes for the Roadster with TORs are 20355 (old vins), 20688 (new vins), and 20776 (updated version for new vins). In 20355, the secondaries are closed in gears 1-3 up to 5000 rpm. They are set at 100% in this area in the other two tunes. This is what Triumph refers to as "unrestricted". The timing tables are the same in all three maps.

As for the timing in those maps, it is the same in all gears above throttle position of 20% and 1800 rpm. So you wouldn't see any difference in hard acceleration in the lower gears because of timing differences because there are none.

Last edited:
Hi Tom, Several clarifying tune questions for a 2013 Roadster and a 2006 Standard.

2013Roadster with TORs as only modification. Stock air intake, header and cross over pipe.
1) So if I open the secondary's in tune 20355 it is the same as the newest 2014 unrestricted Roadster tune ?
2) Is this tune the best available for a 2013 Roadster with TORs as the only modification ?
3) If not, what tune would produce more HP and TQ ?
4) The green TPS light would not come on in this bike when I tried to download some simple engine changes like RPM increased to 6500.
What do I do to make this work right. ? Yes I have correct cable and downloaded the most resent version of TuneECU.

2006 Standard with 2 of the 3 TOR pipes and 1 stock pipe fitted. (Sounds better to me than all 3 TORs.)
Cat eliminator cross over pipe, stock intake and header.
1) I have the PowerTripp modified version of tune 20050.
2) Is there a better tune that for the Standard for more HP and TQ ?
3) How can I un-restrict the timing in gears 1 -3 for this tune ?

Thank You, Bill.

The bike is finally out of warranty so IT IS TIME!

I have downloaded Tune ECU, purchased a cable and compared a few tunes, specifically;
20355 is the older restricted tune for TOR mufflers (old model Roadsters)
20688 is the newer unrestricted version for TOR mufflers (new model Roadsters)

It appears that the only difference is the secondary throttle values - all other parameters appear to be the same.

My intention is to amend the secondaries tables in the 20355 map to 100% for all RPM values in 1st - 3rd gears.

I have read somewhere that the headlight fuse should be pulled before connecting Tune ECU on older models. Is this still relevant on a 2011 Roadster? Is this just to just manage the battery or are there other reasons for doing this?

Any comments or warnings before I make my first hack at the ECU?

just to manage the battery it may actually pay if you have available a trickle charger to keep the juice flowing there is also a good tune in here
http://www.r3owners.net/threads/modified-tunes-for-the-r3-touring.4759/

Thanks Hanso - I have the Triumph Battery charger so I will keep that connected.

I note the tune in the link is for the touring model. Would it also be OK for the roadster?

It is worth upping the speed (194) and rev (6300) limits as well while I'm at it?

Back