Recommended Tune for 2011 R3 with TORs?

20355 map with 2nd throttle positions set to 100% for gears 1 to 3 successfully downloaded. This map appears to be identical to the new 'unrestricted' model roadsters.

A quick lap around the block and the bike definitely feels unrestricted in its breathing capacity.

Thanks Hanso - I have the Triumph Battery charger so I will keep that connected.

I note the tune in the link is for the touring model. Would it also be OK for the roadster?

It is worth upping the speed (194) and rev (6300) limits as well while I'm at it?
Ooopppsss!!!!:eek:

:(Sorry Steve don't know why I thought you had a Touring:confused:

No worries Hanso. I thought I would take it slow anyway. I also have a map that applies the high gear ignition tables to gears 1 to 3, but this may be for another day.

Put your bike under your avatar mate. Makes it easier for people to help you. ;) I know you have a Roadster but others don't. Put it there once and never have to type it again.
The number of wasted posts about the wrong bike or from people having to ask what someone is riding is frustrating.

The tunes for the Roadster with TORs are 20355 (old vins), 20688 (new vins), and 20776 (updated version for new vins). In 20355, the secondaries are closed in gears 1-3 up to 5000 rpm. They are set at 100% in this area in the other two tunes. This is what Triumph refers to as "unrestricted". The timing tables are the same in all three maps.

As for the timing in those maps, it is the same in all gears above throttle position of 20% and 1800 rpm. So you wouldn't see any difference in hard acceleration in the lower gears because of timing differences because there are none.
So once again, does anybody know why 20688 was updated to 20776? And please don't say to increase it by 3??? :)

Currently changing my 20355 to 20776 on my 12 Roadster. Man it takes a long time to read and save the tune. 20 min to read.

Last edited:
Put your bike under your avatar mate. Makes it easier for people to help you. ;) I know you have a Roadster but others don't. Put it there once and never have to type it again.
The number of wasted posts about the wrong bike or from people having to ask what someone is riding is frustrating.

I entered my ride details in the information section of my profile when I signed up. For some reason it doesn't display and I can't edit this info either :confused:

So once again, does anybody know why 20688 was updated to 20776? And please don't say to increase it by 3??? :)

With just enough TuneECU knowledge to be dangerous, I have done a quick eyeball comparison between 20688 and 20776. They look identical to me.

And comparing these 2 files to the original 20355, the only difference is that the latter tunes set the secondary throttle to 100% in gears 1-3.

Well tried to load 20776 and she wouldn't take the tune. My engine trouble light just flashed in the dash. Reloaded 20355 and away she went. Will play with this later, time to ride.

Well tried to load 20776 and she wouldn't take the tune. My engine trouble light just flashed in the dash. Reloaded 20355 and away she went. Will play with this later, time to ride.

I didn't try loading 20688 or 20776. I already had 20355 on the bike when I inherited it. I did the throttle modification directly in my copy of 20355.

Back