Recommended Tune for 2011 R3 with TORs?

203688 or 20776 are for '13 models and above. For the '12s, use 20355 and set the secondaries to 100% in all columns.

I understand that bit. What I don't understand is what is different about those HEX files that makes them specific to latter models. I am wondering whether there is something in those files that isn't visible through TuneECU because on the surface they all look alike. Given some spare time and motivation I might try some low level compare tools. More for personal interest than necessity.

I just did a comparison in TuneECU of 20355 and 20776 and other than the secondary throttle restrictions, I can't see any difference. So why won't the newer tune load? I edited the max speed, rpm and adjusted the fan temp to 100C on 20355 but 20776 just causes my engine light to flash. The map appears to load but I can't reset adaptives and the engine won't turn over. There must be something else different other than just the secondary restrictions between these two. Curious..... is the ecm programmed to recognise tune numbers?

I wonder if it is as simple as renaming the new hex file to an old number?

I just did a comparison in TuneECU of 20355 and 20776 and other than the secondary throttle restrictions, I can't see any difference. So why won't the newer tune load? I edited the max speed, rpm and adjusted the fan temp to 100C on 20355 but 20776 just causes my engine light to flash. The map appears to load but I can't reset adaptives and the engine won't turn over. There must be something else different other than just the secondary restrictions between these two. Curious..... is the ecm programmed to recognise tune numbers?

I wonder if it is as simple as renaming the new hex file to an old number?
Pretty much from what I have been told, or adjust the paramaters in the 20355 to 100% open on the secondarys

Well I unrestricted the secondaries on 30255 (Tune for Pre 2013 Roadsters with TORs) along with the other changes mentioned earlier. The bike fired right up and took 5 min to complete the 12 min tune. Took her for a ride and there definitely is a difference according to my butt dyno.

I took her on the highway and with the bike in gear idling around 5 kph, cracked the throttle and burned rubber all the way until I shifted to 2nd gear and again burned rubber for several meters until I backed off. It would do this before but it does it a lot easier now.
- There is a bit more intake noise on acceleration also. Can't really tell if there is any change in the exhaust.
- The bike is definitely a lot livelier around town in those first 3 gears. 2nd gear full throttle acceleration is definitely quicker.
- No change to 4th or 5th as there shouldn't be.
- I didn't mess with the timing.
- Decel popping hasn't changed from the stock TOR tune but is still prevalent and a bit of a pain.
- Engine idles well.
- I did notice that my throttles are registering within 10 points of each other so no adjustment really needed there.

All in all, a definite plus :) I highly recommend this tune upgrade!

Well I unrestricted the secondaries on 30255 ...

That's good write-up @Gregger. Your experience post-tune matchs mine to a tee ... well, except for the rubber burning thing, which I haven't tested.

One thing I noticed, around town when I'm focusing more on the road/traffic ahead and letting my subconscious do the gear changes I am now riding one gear higher than I used to. Where I used to be in 2nd, I am now in 3rd. I took this to mean that the bike has more oomph at that RPM (oomph is the technical term for power or torque isn't it?).

I'm interested to run a few tanks of fuel through and see what change if any it has made in consumption. I doesn't bother me whether the consumption is marginally better or worse. I'm just curious. Tuning my 5.7L V8 did wonders for highway consumption. Now better than our little Japanese 4 cylinder with half the engine.

Hey guys,

Just starting to play with TuneECU and my 2012 Roadster, it has the TORs (and standard air filter etc) and map 20355 (installed by the dealer).

Am I right in thinking it's top speed is limited to 194kph (120mph)? As I don't see a reply to SteveX's similar question I figured I'd ask that and more… What have other people adjusted this to? and any issues?
Also, is it worth upping the rev limiter too? again, any issues with doing this? Probably just going to adjust the secondaries in gears 1-3 for now…from what I can make out, just do this to the 20355 map rather than downloading the 20688/20776 right?

cheers in advance for any help, and for all the other super-useful threads that I've been reading recently!

oh, also, I would imagine the O2 sensor is still installed, so i should NOT uncheck the box in TuneECU correct?
ta

oh, also, I would imagine the O2 sensor is still installed, so i should NOT uncheck the box in TuneECU correct?
ta

The 20355 map is restricted in the 2ndaries table. Change all of the values to 100% and you'll definitely feel it. This is what they did when they came out with the "unrestricted" Roadster. Leave the O2 sensor box checked. It will run smoother at low throttle.

Hey guys,
Am I right in thinking it's top speed is limited to 194kph (120mph)?
What have other people adjusted this to? and any issues?

Also, is it worth upping the rev limiter too? again, any issues with doing this?

Yes the top speed is limited to 194. I just increased mine to the max limit provided.

I also increased the rev limit to 7000 rpms with no issues. Hate a rev limiter kicking in when you least expect it.

Back