And he knows it...

I hear someone in california does this kind of work as well but my wrench has not talked to him for a long time I am going to do a search about dragsterbikes and who does trans on them.

There are other shops that will do it, but only one that’s got the billet 4th and is farmiliar with the Rocket specifically.

indeed.. stopped the search and will stay put with robinson's reputation .

I understand that he is probably pretty busy but letting people know that he received their parts should be part of his process.

Just like Carpenters the customer relation part needs a wee bit of work, but we know they are good at what they do and you will be very happy with the outcome.
amen .. I had just a few days of anxiety.. had a flight booked to NY ( to pick up my trans if it was seating on the sidewalk ) that is how paranoid I was, feeling better now and breathing normally.

A "Challenge" that I have is, I'm busy, flat out, constantly running at three months work ahead of me all the time.
There's three of us here running this show, Me, Myself and I so I get to do everything.

Business these days is challenging, there seams to be so much admin stuff to do that I some times think that I haven't got time to go to (real) work.
My day starts with me sitting on the Computer at 7.00AM coffee in hand responding to E-mail, Banking, ordering stuff Etc and of coarse checking in here.
If I've not finished by 9.00AM I'm outa here and into the workshop.
10.00AM Coffee break, answer E-mails Etc.
12.00 Noon lunch, answer E-mails Etc.
3.00PM Coffee break, answer E-mails Etc.
5-6.00PM I'm outa here and on the Bike (if the weather is O.K.) going for a blast (not every night)
Again in the evenings I'll check/respond to E-mails Etc.

The Girl calls me "Mr Regimental", to keep on top of everything I have to be !
So I would expect that both Robinson and Carpenter are the same, flat out BUT as Norm says, "Ya gotta keep in touch with the Customers"
I do loose the plot sometimes re keeping up with this, but at worst it's only a day or two at the most.

My attitude is I'm dealing with a real person, not just a bunch of electronic words on a Computer screen.
Besides, I know what it's like when I've got to wait for parts for my bike .........

A "Challenge" that I have is, I'm busy, flat out, constantly running at three months work ahead of me all the time.
There's three of us here running this show, Me, Myself and I so I get to do everything.

Business these days is challenging, there seams to be so much admin stuff to do that I some times think that I haven't got time to go to (real) work.
My day starts with me sitting on the Computer at 7.00AM coffee in hand responding to E-mail, Banking, ordering stuff Etc and of coarse checking in here.
If I've not finished by 9.00AM I'm outa here and into the workshop.
10.00AM Coffee break, answer E-mails Etc.
12.00 Noon lunch, answer E-mails Etc.
3.00PM Coffee break, answer E-mails Etc.
5-6.00PM I'm outa here and on the Bike (if the weather is O.K.) going for a blast (not every night)
Again in the evenings I'll check/respond to E-mails Etc.

The Girl calls me "Mr Regimental", to keep on top of everything I have to be !
So I would expect that both Robinson and Carpenter are the same, flat out BUT as Norm says, "Ya gotta keep in touch with the Customers"
I do loose the plot sometimes re keeping up with this, but at worst it's only a day or two at the most.

My attitude is I'm dealing with a real person, not just a bunch of electronic words on a Computer screen.
Besides, I know what it's like when I've got to wait for parts for my bike .........

In my business, I deal mostly with lawyers, their paralegals & secretaries.
Because I work alone, I miss a fair amount of my business calls while working out in the field.
My work comes strictly from referrals, so I play nice and work hard to respond promptly to all my messages and emails.
IMHO - Tis more important to my customers than timely completion of the job.

Last edited:
I got an email from Tim at robinson's just a short while ago ( 15mns) so at least they are alive and he confirmed to have my trans another relief. they had me worried for a while
I do not understand why people do not take customer 's relations more seriously I had a small venture in the past and I always called back or contacted potential customers with up to date info on their request but this is how businesses nowadays deal with clients.. facebook .. internet.. and let me finish my margarita i'll text you sometime later :mad:

Good to hear he back with you. "Feedback" is a HUGE pet peeve of mine... You should always acknowledge; even if you don't have an exact answer... let's folks know their stuff is being worked. It's all about 'expecation management'. I talk to my folks at work about this all the time.
-MIG

Back