another transmission travelling east.

albertaduke

former airline pilot without the big bucks
Ride
2021 rocket3 GT
well I picked up my transmission today from the shop packed it and tomorrow I send it east to robinson industries for backcutting and replacing fourth gear as well since it is the weak link in the bunch
but as I walked back in the shop and was looking around for my R3
OMG :eek::eek: found it by pure hazard in pieces short of fuel tank and front wheel in a corner the rest is flat on a table
can't believe what is required to remove that transmission . at least with all this travail I hope to cure the slapping metal noise once we put it back in the motor . probably first ride not before the 15th of may

hope is all I can think of when i look at the cost :eek: first time I had the tranny problem on my roadster 2013 we found some mild abrasion on #4 gear and bad cir-clips between 4th and 5th had only one ride to check it after repair then the bike burned and the garage and the car etc etc that was a year ago got another roadster 2012 and sure enough same slapping knocking noise in the transmission just a bit worse than last time
so I pray the gods that after this repair and improvement and dole out lots of money I never have to look at another transmission . if it comes to haunt me again I swear I will sell the beast for parts and buy a convertible

What does their transmission service set a guy back, if I may ask?
all depends on the amount of work to be done
in my case $2200 first time a bit more this time most of it is labor to remove the transmission you pretty much remove the engine output shaft and a few other things flip it on its side and then get at the transmission

Back