another transmission travelling east.

If this problem is happening on 2012 onwards bikes, even if irregularly, is Triumph fixing under Warranty? I may be experiencing the same issue, was trying to isolate what it was. Same RPM range and always under load 4th or 5th gear. Felt irregular on LHS footpeg sort of like running over those reflector things in the middle of the road but without the actual bump if that makes sense

Mine was originally fixed under warranty. Go see the dealer with a detailed description of the symptoms so the mechanic can duplicate it.

Mine was originally fixed under warranty. Go see the dealer with a detailed description of the symptoms so the mechanic can duplicate it.

Yep, thanks. It is in for the head gasket replacement on Tue, so will speak to them about that also. Pisses me off a bit as I love this bike and just don't expect or need these issues. Nonetheless, I will get it all fixed one way or another and just keep on riding it, could not ever not have one now.

This is really bad news!
I just bought a 2015 roadster with 4000 miles on it a couple of weeks back. Yesterday was the first time I gave it wide open throttle and at about 5500-6000 rpm it slipped out of second gear in to neutral. I thought it was a bad gear shift but later it happened again at the same rpm. No problem with first or third gear, fourth and five also seems fine even with WOT just that 5500 rpm on those gear are too fast for me, no problem finding neutral.

So is the update kit already factory installed on these newer roadsters and the problem is related to factory assembly? What parts do I need to get to fix it and maybe even make it more robust than oem?

Sad that my first post couldn’t be happier one.

Anyway thank’s for a great forum, cheers!

Last edited:
Try shifting slower and see if it works 1st to 2nd and holds, just like a MF tractor. Fast push throughs can wear cogs and shifting forks, but try slow and see if just an R3 trans glitch 1 to 2.

This is really bad news!
I just bought a 2015 roadster with 4000 miles on it a couple of weeks back. Yesterday was the first time I gave it wide open throttle and at about 5500-6000 rpm it slipped out of second gear in to neutral. I thought it was a bad gear shift but later it happened again at the same rpm. No problem with first or third gear, fourth and five also seems fine even with WOT just that 5500 rpm on those gear are too fast for me, no problem finding neutral.

So is the update kit already factory installed on these newer roadsters and the problem is related to factory assembly? What parts do I need to get to fix it and maybe even make it more robust than oem?

Sad that my first post couldn’t be happier one.

Anyway thank’s for a great forum, cheers!
Could be a weak detent spring. I believe most of the major gearbox problems were 3rd and 4th gears. A 2015 roadster has already got the updated gearbox parts.

Try shifting slower and see if it works 1st to 2nd and holds, just like a MF tractor. Fast push throughs can wear cogs and shifting forks, but try slow and see if just an R3 trans glitch 1 to 2.
I’ll test that next time I’ll take a ride, however the second time it happened, if I remember correctly, I did make a slow shift between 1 and 2 and made a slow accelaration at first and then WOT resulting in a false neutral. What’s a R3 trans glitch?

Could be a weak detent spring. I believe most of the major gearbox problems were 3rd and 4th gears. A 2015 roadster has already got the updated gearbox parts.
Thank’s!
Can the detent spring affect only one gear? I guess the only way to check the spring is to bring the bike to a mechanic. Is it a lot of work to change it?

Back