I am pretty much tethered to my iPhone as my emails contain price lists for me to buy (deals are early in the am) and jobs that are coming up, special orders, phone calls etc etc. My phone is my desktop.

Also, I am very good at getting back with people, both clients and personal as I realize what the alternative in business could be. Example... If I am calling around for something and I get answering machines, he's out of the office etc I just go on to the next company til I get resolution. So I know that could happen to me as well if I don't answer and respond promptly to both phone and email.

Alas, it can get tiring and overwhelming at times and especially now with a startup business too...its enough to make me drink...............more!
:rolleyes:;):)

A "Challenge" that I have is, I'm busy, flat out, constantly running at three months work ahead of me all the time.
There's three of us here running this show, Me, Myself and I so I get to do everything.

Business these days is challenging, there seams to be so much admin stuff to do that I some times think that I haven't got time to go to (real) work.
My day starts with me sitting on the Computer at 7.00AM coffee in hand responding to E-mail, Banking, ordering stuff Etc and of coarse checking in here.
If I've not finished by 9.00AM I'm outa here and into the workshop.
10.00AM Coffee break, answer E-mails Etc.
12.00 Noon lunch, answer E-mails Etc.
3.00PM Coffee break, answer E-mails Etc.
5-6.00PM I'm outa here and on the Bike (if the weather is O.K.) going for a blast (not every night)
Again in the evenings I'll check/respond to E-mails Etc.

The Girl calls me "Mr Regimental", to keep on top of everything I have to be !
So I would expect that both Robinson and Carpenter are the same, flat out BUT as Norm says, "Ya gotta keep in touch with the Customers"
I do loose the plot sometimes re keeping up with this, but at worst it's only a day or two at the most.

My attitude is I'm dealing with a real person, not just a bunch of electronic words on a Computer screen.
Besides, I know what it's like when I've got to wait for parts for my bike .........

Jesus Paul if you stopped taking so many breaks you might get some work done:D

Back