Will it smoke the tire?

The only thing I've ever smoked is ..... Tyre's :D

Photo circa 197....4-5-6

100_1146A.jpg

This evening I tried to refit the clutch/engine cover and cannot get the actuator arm to link into the central clutch pin, then manual says you might need to make several attempts.

I have tries several times and it seems to connect but when I put the actuator arm on and move it there's a click and the arm jumps around.

I'm sure its just me but there's tears of frustration right now. When I line up the cover initially I need to put the clutch arm on and give it a slight tweak and the cover slots on beautifully but while messing round with the arm its seems to disengage, I also cannot see the alignment mark on my actuator it I get it wrong I have to remove the cover again and re-position the central pin and the actuator arm. I suspect i need to refit the flex spring to keep the pin pushed forward as I deliberately left it out. Thinking this may have been a mistake.

Any suggestion?

So whilst young Mr Sleeves is down in his Cold workshop....
I've been in my warm office doing some drawings :D
Details that I have determined.
The stock (old) pull rod head diameter is 11.4mm Dia. by 2.3mm thick.
The later pull rod is 13.4mm Dia by 3.8mm thick.

The positioning of the pull rod to the Lift shaft determines that the head diameter of the two different pull rods ..... makes no difference to the lift

The lever that the cable attaches to at the Engine is 46mm center to center.
On my bike there is 12 mm of travel at this lever when the clutch is pulled in.
This equates to 15° of rotation, which in turn equates to 1.54mm of lift at the pull rod.

upload_2018-6-15_21-16-26.png

upload_2018-6-15_21-17-8.png

upload_2018-6-15_21-17-29.png

upload_2018-6-15_21-17-49.png

Attachments

• upload_2018-6-15_21-16-47.png
    upload_2018-6-15_21-16-47.png
    11.5 KB · Views: 1
This evening I tried to refit the clutch/engine cover and cannot get the actuator arm to link into the central clutch pin, then manual says you might need to make several attempts.

I have tries several times and it seems to connect but when I put the actuator arm on and move it there's a click and the arm jumps around.

I'm sure its just me but there's tears of frustration right now. When I line up the cover initially I need to put the clutch arm on and give it a slight tweak and the cover slots on beautifully but while messing round with the arm its seems to disengage, I also cannot see the alignment mark on my actuator it I get it wrong I have to remove the cover again and re-position the central pin and the actuator arm. I suspect i need to refit the flex spring to keep the pin pushed forward as I deliberately left it out. Thinking this may have been a mistake.

Any suggestion?

I have never had a problem refitting the lifter piece and rod.... I always havecthe spring washer installed but not the flat washer (the flat washer sits in a ziplock bag marked 'where the eff did this come from?' and is the only left over piece following 3 tear downs/rebuilds)

Any suggestion?

Is the rod seating properly in the cover before you put it back on?

Back