OK so this afternoon got some time free and went to garage, put clutch cover on and everything lined up and worked first pop. Must of been the way I was holding my mouth on Friday. Happy boy now.

Looking forward to seeing you when your down this way!

Looking forward to seeing you when your down this way!

Me too. got to finish reassembly now, get my spare rear wheel and tyre on, saddlebags etc, and test ride it before heading off. think we're leaving on 12 July to head down your way. There's about five of us at mo but this may change. Hope the straights smooth

Right tonight my wife went off to the movies with one of her friends after work and I was home alone, never mind dinner etc straight to the garage. I got the bike reassembled, rear wheel on, new radiator hoses on, oil and filter and coolant in. Fired up bike with no issues until I put it into gear.

Its crawling with the clutch right in and set with some free play. If I take up the free play its perfect. It changes real nice, however there must be some drag there still as finding neutrals hard. Never has been before

I'm thinking I need to make an adjustment to the clutch arm off the motor, or maybe just need to bed everything in, get oil soaked and through the clutch etc? The clutch lever is noticeably heavier but feels nice and everything else is OK. Haven't been for a ride yet just warmed it up in the garage to make sure the coolant system wasn't air-locked, no leaks etc. Was cold, dark and I wasn't in the mood to go change into riding gear to head out, that's tomorrows job.

Right time for beer and toasties for tea:cool:

Its crawling with the clutch right in and set with some free play. If I take up the free play its perfect. It changes real nice, however there must be some drag there still as finding neutrals hard. Never has been before

Hey Sleeves....Good work man....I dont know if you have after market levers but if you do, make sure the adjustment is as far out as possible...like on 5, otherwise the bike will creep and you WILL have difficulty engaging gear.
July 12th huh?..i will be a whole year older that day. We will all have to hook up. I dont work fridays anymore so that might work well for me too.

Hey Sleeves....Good work man....I dont know if you have after market levers but if you do, make sure the adjustment is as far out as possible...like on 5, otherwise the bike will creep and you WILL have difficulty engaging gear.
July 12th huh?..i will be a whole year older that day. We will all have to hook up. I dont work fridays anymore so that might work well for me too.

Hi Tal

No stock levers and if there's load on the clutch it damages other things so hoping its just the new clutch.

We should be in town on Friday some time and heading back Sunday. I'm originally from down there and stay at my old mans place over in Philipstown, will stay in contact as planning to meet up with Chris again too. Got a club dinner on Saturday night. Only reason I wont be there is we may have a passing in the family real soon:(. He says go though but wife will need the support

Back