sleeves

Nitrous
Ride
05 R3 Std
Hi All

Am currently rebuilding my clutch as its been slipping. Have a new Barnett to go in and a few other bits, late model pressure plate, bearing, actuator etc.

While doing this I thought I'd change out the detent spring and the detent arm and gear for the roadster version also.

Now I have the bike apart and the clutch out I finally looked at the manual and it appears I have to go inside the gearbox to change the detent arm and gear. Am I correct in this? it appears the shaft this all runs on is connected to another shaft inside the gearbox.

WHY? WHY? would it be built like that?:mad:

How bigger PIA is it to pull the gearbox? looks like you need to pull the motor out to do it, don't think I have time as I'm riding down to the South Island in a couple of weeks and cannot commit much more time to it right now

Thanks in advance.

20180610_194800.jpg
20180610_194800.jpg

I wonder if the wheel could be replaced without having to remove the whole shaft...12nm isn't too much on the screw and you could use some pressure on the bearing to stop it rotating?

If you’ve a whole weekend to work there’s no reason you couldn’t start on Friday night and have it done by Sunday night.

You will need three special tools however. The flywheel puller, and the two sockets for the engine mount adjuster and swing arm adjuster.

Also cost if done to standard will be a couple hundred bucks in gaskets and replacement fasteners, minimum.

Hi All and thanks @mr hunt @Pedro @Claviger

Yes I can swing a spanner no problem, especially in anger. I thought as much once I looked in the hole yesterday, then finally looked at the manual. I'm not too worried as the parts were well priced and I'll keep them till I have to strip the motor and will get the gears undercut at same time.

Currently dont have the time for a weekend strip and rebuild due to work load, also wont get the gaskets here in time, wont buy off NZ stealership so always import.

Was only an hours work to get the bike stripped to below, bar the oil and water draining and cleaning out of rocks etc that were stuck everywhere.

Anything else I should do while Ive got this open? Going to fit a new detent spring anyway

20180610_153128.jpg

Back