I have never had a problem refitting the lifter piece and rod.... I always havecthe spring washer installed but not the flat washer (the flat washer sits in a ziplock bag marked 'where the eff did this come from?' and is the only left over piece following 3 tear downs/rebuilds)

Hello Mr Hunt

Thanks yes I think the spring washers the problem as the pull rods slipping back @Paul Bryant and I have discussed this this morning and I'm pretty sure its this and the way I'm holding my mouth when I try to fit the cover. As I'm at work all day (and probably half the night the way its going) I may not be able to look at this again for another week:(.

This evening I tried to refit the clutch/engine cover and cannot get the actuator arm to link into the central clutch pin, then manual says you might need to make several attempts.

I have tries several times and it seems to connect but when I put the actuator arm on and move it there's a click and the arm jumps around.

I'm sure its just me but there's tears of frustration right now. When I line up the cover initially I need to put the clutch arm on and give it a slight tweak and the cover slots on beautifully but while messing round with the arm its seems to disengage, I also cannot see the alignment mark on my actuator it I get it wrong I have to remove the cover again and re-position the central pin and the actuator arm. I suspect i need to refit the flex spring to keep the pin pushed forward as I deliberately left it out. Thinking this may have been a mistake.

Any suggestion?
By flex spring do you mean the return spring on the lifter shaft? Imaginge as you put the cover up on the motor lifter shaft in the cover alreafy, you scoop the lifter piece up with the lifter shaft as she pops up on the case dowel pins. Yes ya just got to hold your face strate. Its the same even if you go with a external return spring like I did. Hope this helps.

Just in case you can not put the cover on and then try installing the lifter shaft.

By flex spring do you mean the return spring on the lifter shaft? Imaginge as you put the cover up on the motor lifter shaft in the cover alreafy, you scoop the lifter piece up with the lifter shaft as she pops up on the case dowel pins. Yes ya just got to hold your face strate. Its the same even if you go with a external return spring like I did. Hope this helps.

Just in case you can not put the cover on and then try installing the

I'm missing the scoop of the pullrod as it moves back slightly i need to put the flex spring that pushes the pullrod forward. I left it out. Major hassle is lining up the clutch pivot and clutch arm. The pivot is marked but the arm is not. When i fit if i get it wrong (everytime) i have to open cover and pull the rod back forward.

Will refit the pullrod spring (the washer one that goes over the pullrod and is under the pressure plate) sorry have pic but not with me.

Sure it will sort it.

@Paul Bryant
Impressed with your Auto CAD use! :thumbsup:
You be more than a master header fabricator/welder! :thumbsup:

Some times I have to draw it before I can make it :D

!cid_28AEA9C28EFC4B1D87156F06BBC95AEE@PaulPC.jpg

Back