Progressive Shocks Leaking - No Rebuild Available

Idaho Red Rocket 3

Living Legend
Ride
2006 RIII Standard Bagger w/Fairing
My right side Progressive 440 has begun to leak a little fluid. Not running, but sweating enough to gather dust. Performance has begun for fade. I called Progressive and they said they won't repair non warranty shocks even for a fee because they have stopped production of the 440 and only have enough parts on hand for the warranty repairs. I got mine on a used bike so no warranty for me unless I can find a receipt that I don't have.

Does anybody have one 440 shock in good condition to sell cheap ?

Does anybody have a new purchase receipt I can borrow ?

Another option - these do not appear to be crappy OEM but someone may be able to ID them for you.
Not sure if 11.75" eye to eye is stock for Touring but it is 0.75" less than stock for a Roadster.
Price OK thoughif they are reasonable quality.
Price:
US $149.00
2011 TRIUMPH ROCKET III 3 ROADSTER ABS 2300 Rear Shocks | eBay

This item is in FAIRLY GOOD condition. It includes everything pictured. They do not have any leaks. They are straight. They have some scratches and wear marks. They work well. The rubber bottom out bumper and bushings are cracking. They are 11.75 inches center to center.

My right side Progressive 440 has begun to leak a little fluid. Not running, but sweating enough to gather dust. Performance has begun for fade. I called Progressive and they said they won't repair non warranty shocks even for a fee because they have stopped production of the 440 and only have enough parts on hand for the warranty repairs. I got mine on a used bike so no warranty for me unless I can find a receipt that I don't have.

Does anybody have one 440 shock in good condition to sell cheap ?

Does anybody have a new purchase receipt I can borrow ?

Does the Progressive lifetime warranty only apply to the original purchaser then?

Are you using YSS ? Tell me what you know about them.
YSS is an Thai manufacturer of various grades suspension for light to heavy bikes bikes. They do have a couple of cheapy replacements which is small bore piston, welded eyelets etc but will do the job probably better than stock. They then have a higher (mid) grade version Au$500-800 depending where you buy in the world and what extras or refinements like custom orders for own body weight, adjustable shock length, spherical bearing mounts etc. They also have a High end range from Au$1000 - Au$1600 including piggy backs etc

The Design and assembly of the mid to higher grade shocks occurs in Australia at Adelaide, South Australia at the Your Suspension Shop (YSS) from components they have had manufactured in Thailand to their design and specification.

Your Suspension Shop :: Best Triumpf Motorcycle suspension | Best VMX suspension

Buy 2000-2009 for only to suit Triumph at Suspension Shop

Buy 2010-2019 for only to suit Triumph at Suspension Shop

Last edited:
Just waiting for my YSS shocks to come from ProMechA in Melbourne. Peter (owner and knower of everything suspension) has re-valved and put heavier (real) progressive springs on them for $875Au. Beginning with what @Ishrub stated was the mid range (non Piggyback) item.
I was going to post when I put them on but seeing that they were mentioned..... I will do Photos and ride report next week .
I was in their workshop in April, dropping off suspension for my TR1 that I'm about to put on historic registration and got talking about the distances I do and how the progressives (only 400's) try to drive my spine into my skull in rough roads (90% of Australia). He showed me the YSS shocks and looked at my girth and said .... "I can fix that". My wife was there and saw Peter appraising my girth and laughed which I took as absolute support for me to purchase these new shocks and have them modified so I would be comfortable and always come home refreshed from a long ride.
Just setting up the bike for 16,000km in September /October just before RDU. I think that will give them a workout

Back