Quick question.... Should I put my fluids back into the bike? Being that I've only tracked 5kmiles. Or buy new fluids? Radiator and clutch. Since I will have to drain them out to remove the cover.
Why risk doing damage because a bit of dirt or whatever gets in?. Fresh Fluids from sealed Container.

I had done less than 5K since last oil change in May when I opened up the beast's chest last week. Looked a bit grubby.

Quick question.... Should I put my fluids back into the bike? Being that I've only tracked 5kmiles. Or buy new fluids? Radiator and clutch. Since I will have to drain them out to remove the cover.

If it is a matter of costst for you,cooling fluid you did pull right away from the radiator and is still looking clearly you can put this fluid back into the rad, but pay attention of possible dirtparticles in the fluid. You can use therefore a kind of strainer( a piece of cloth in a funnel allowing the fluid flowing through).
I should not put used oil back into the engine anyway, also because with the oildraining small dirtparticles and possible fluid find themselves in the oil collected. I should also replace the oilfilter rightaway before putting in the oil. . And when doing so, and you just did win the lottery, consider installing a Sc. Just kidding !;)

Last edited:
It's always a good idea to replace oil annually regardless of mileage. Water will accumulate in it if not ridden a lot from condensation, so an annual change is a good idea if you ride under 10k a year.

Antifreeze I think the industry recommends 2 year changes.

Why risk doing damage because a bit of dirt or whatever gets in?. Fresh Fluids from sealed Container.

I had done less than 5K since last oil change in May when I opened up the beast's chest last week. Looked a bit grubby.
Good to know. Being cheap now will just cost me more in the end

Back