toshvmax

.020 Over
Hi all,went out for 100 mile run yesterday, mostly cruising but with the occasional heavy application of the right hand! when I pulled back on to the driveway, selected neutral and released clutch I noticed some noise coming from the clutch like there was a kind of knocking, have experienced this on other bikes and its just free play in the clutch basket etc but have never noticed it before on my R3 is this normal?
2011 with 16k miles.

Hi all,went out for 100 mile run yesterday, mostly cruising but with the occasional heavy application of the right hand! when I pulled back on to the driveway, selected neutral and released clutch I noticed some noise coming from the clutch like there was a kind of knocking, have experienced this on other bikes and its just free play in the clutch basket etc but have never noticed it before on my R3 is this normal?
2011 with 16k miles.
Sounds like a simple clutch cable adjustment to me! "Be Safe"

Hi Geno, think you could be right, started the bike just now and very minimal noise, probably due to oil being thicker,I did notice quite a bit of free play so I adjusted the cable to the specified amount and it has helped.
I had a similar problem recently; gearbox gets so much smoother when its at the proper adjustment, hope that works out for ya!

Yes, sometimes the clutch assembly will create a rattling sound. Some dealers would adjust all the free play out, to stop it, but you need the required free play or you'll burn things up. It is what it is. The judder plate and spring is to help keep the plates from "rattling".

HI, Thank you for your reply, I think the trouble is that we are used to sitting in sound proofed cars so any engine noises , rattles or slight mechanical vibrations go unnoticed and we forget that this is a 2300cc lump which is not going to be silky smooth and silent when it runs;)

Back