Transmission Failure

You are right. But, it isn't the "teeth" on the circumference of the gear that are slipping, it is the engagement dogs that slip into the gear slots on the adjoining gear that is on the common shaft. The upgrade gears have fewer engagement dogs but the dogs are bigger. The engagement slots are fewer but also larger to ensure a more positive hook up.

The corners on the stock gear dogs get rounded corners causing the gears to disengage when under more torque.

Thanks Stripes! Sounds like the upgrade kit should fix my problem too then :D

Now, to figure out why neither of the Triumph dealerships I've dealt with never told me about it, lol!:mad: Would've been nice to have it done under warranty back then!

I just picked up an 06 been driving a Suzuki sport bike till now
Mine grinds for lack of a better word between first and second it never pops out but it does not shift smooth like the rest of the geers IS this Normal ?

Welcome from one of the Aussies .. sorry to be the first to tell you but no 'grinding' between 1st and 2nd is not normal ... or common. What sort of mileage does it have on it ?

Does it grind if you shift into second at lower rpm's like around 2500 ? Mine shifts a little rough at high rpm's. It takes some time to get used to matching the engine speed with the bikes speed. Another thing is oil. Mine shifts much smoother since I started using Mobile 1 T4 synthetic.

Mine has 16,000Km on the bike If I shift without the clutch i does not grind ?

I had the same problem when my detent sping went .i could change smoothly without the clutch but was a bit clunky when using the clutch .if this is your situation it is not an expensive fix At the top of your screen push the SEARCH button and type in the word DETENT spring. Hopefully the information that warp has put there will help.

Clunky is different to 'grinding' .. if it's not jumping out of gear it's probably not the spring don't you think Pete ? Mine clunks into gear but I'm pretty sure that's the clutch.

Back