Oh No - Transmission........ BOOM Maybe.

Mittzy

The Hooligan - Just Doing Stuff
Ride
2020 TFC #385, 2014 R3 Roadster 230hp (BRUTUS)
Went for a little ride today to visit @ozrider at his workshop..... Anyway when I was leaving I naturally gassed it up the road and being a typically hot Queensland day the road is hot and grippy.
Well just about to change to second gear i felt an abnormal vibration that continued into second gear so I shut it off. Put it in neutral and noticed an abnormal feeling shifter and started it again - sound ok.
On the cautious side i rolled it back down to Ozriders workshop. Tried to start it and the starter felt like it had a whole lot of resistance - Hit the switch a few times and it finally started. put a jack under it and raised the back wheel off the ground and ran it up - could not isolate the problem.
Thank fully Ozrider threw me his keys a said to ride his home....
SO now anxiously waiting to see what i find with ole Brutus and thankfully i have a complete transmission to go straight in with back cut gears already done.

Went for a little ride today to visit @ozrider at his workshop..... Anyway when I was leaving I naturally gassed it up the road and being a typically hot Queensland day the road is hot and grippy.
Well just about to change to second gear i felt an abnormal vibration that continued into second gear so I shut it off. Put it in neutral and noticed an abnormal feeling shifter and started it again - sound ok.
On the cautious side i rolled it back down to Ozriders workshop. Tried to start it and the starter felt like it had a whole lot of resistance - Hit the switch a few times and it finally started. put a jack under it and raised the back wheel off the ground and ran it up - could not isolate the problem.
SO now anxiously waiting to see what i find with ole Brutus and thankfully i have a complete transmission to go straight in with back cut gears already done.
Nightmare mate ! Hope it turns out to be not too serious ?

:(

Brutus is home - Thank You @ozrider
IMG_7233.JPG

Back