Bollocks - Transmission failure.

They are the SAMCO hose-clips which are really well made. Pressed threads. https://racebikebitz.com/hose-clamp
But the silicone hose has a lot more give in than the old rubber ones. And I think when they are heat cycled they "squidge" a bit from under the clamped surface.
I am not a big fan of "tighten until it squeals" but I think the SAMCO hoses need it.
Just my opinion but pressed threaded hose clamps are usless especially on thicker more pliable walled hoses same on SC ducting hoses once I tossed the presses threaded clamps and put good ones on I quit having to checking and tightening them which on the bov under the tank was the most pita.

Just my opinion but pressed threaded hose clamps are usless especially on thicker more pliable walled hoses same on SC ducting hoses once I tossed the presses threaded clamps and put good ones on I quit having to checking and tightening them which on the bov under the tank was the most pita.
I shall heed sirs advice and see if I have any in the bits box. I am going to double up the top clamp - mainly because it a BASTARD to get to once all the covers are on.

I just bought some samco hoses and clamps for my Zrx1100, it states on the package to torque to 3.5 foot lbs I believe, then after a few hours torque them again. It also says to not go over the torque.

I just bought some samco hoses and clamps for my Zrx1100, it states on the package to torque to 3.5 foot lbs I believe, then after a few hours torque them again. It also says to not go over the torque.
I've got a zrx1100 too, bought it over to NZ with me from the UK.

Attachments

• 20181215_113905.jpg
    20181215_113905.jpg
    448.7 KB · Views: 1
Hmm - off to look as I still have the packaging.
samco hoses original clips no probs has sir properly fitted
Very probably NOT.

it states on the package to torque to 3.5 foot lbs I believe,
Mine says 4.5FtLbs (6Nm). That's quite a good squeeze. My guess is I had under-tightened. 6NM is getting up to the max that most Torque Screwdrivers are rated.

So I've managed to ease the hose a mm or two extra onto the rad spigot. Positioned the SAMCO clip such that I could get another one (original Triumph) on there too. Flushed it all clean and will let it dry before testing. It's a ruddy miserable day outside - so I am not motivated to riding anyway.

I would use compressed air - but Mrs B is still snoozing and the compressor is a bit LOUD

Tell you what though - the fluorescent dye in the coolant makes it really easy to find leaks with a UV light.

Last edited:
Back