Bollocks - Transmission failure.

Dammit - So just cleaned up the block and topped off the bottle. I little dribble near the MAX mark.

I have a ruddy split in the bottle - It looks as if it's been worn through by the Oz-Claw.
So that has at least explained why I was having the odd dribble before.

Epoxy Time.
That great buddy even easier to fix :)

Dammit - So just cleaned up the block and topped off the bottle. I little dribble near the MAX mark.

I have a ruddy split in the bottle - It looks as if it's been worn through by the Oz-Claw.
So that has at least explained why I was having the odd dribble before.

Epoxy Time.
I'm not saying a word..:whitstling:;);)

I'm not saying a word..:whitstling:;);)
Oh - gawn.

I managed to find the bit that was oozing and epoxied a bit of Chamois Leather over the slit. That should prevent further issuance.
Had a bit of a grinding session with the claw too. Won't rub much any more.

Infer amongst yourselves.

That great buddy even easier to fix :)
Well that dribble has gone - But I still lose coolant.

I think I have it traced to the upper radiator hose STILL not sealing. Letting the beast cool and see if I can enlist my neighbour's help. And maybe I'll add a second clip.

Seems to me one has to really tighten down onto the SAMCO hoses. And have to retighten after a few heat cycles.

Anyway at least I have a bearing on it. But too ruddy cold in the garage to play about with water for long.

Well that dribble has gone - But I still lose coolant.

I think I have it traced to the upper radiator hose STILL not sealing. Letting the beast cool and see if I can enlist my neighbour's help. And maybe I'll add a second clip.

Seems to me one has to really tighten down onto the SAMCO hoses. And have to retighten after a few heat cycles.

Anyway at least I have a bearing on it. But too ruddy cold in the garage to play about with water for long.
Do you have hose clamps with the threads cit thru or just pressed in the band. I steer away from clamps with the pressed threads as they seem to always work loose. Mind ya I still on 2007 hoses.

Do you have hose clamps with the threads cit thru or just pressed in the band. I steer away from clamps with the pressed threads as they seem to always work loose. Mind ya I still on 2007 hoses.
They are the SAMCO hose-clips which are really well made. Pressed threads. https://racebikebitz.com/hose-clamp
But the silicone hose has a lot more give in than the old rubber ones. And I think when they are heat cycled they "squidge" a bit from under the clamped surface.
I am not a big fan of "tighten until it squeals" but I think the SAMCO hoses need it.

Back