Transmission Failure

Hi we'll it only does it on up shifting when down shifting no problem and yes the higher the rpm the more it buzzes as its trying to engage . I just ordered the service manual so will check clutch adjustment when I get home on my way to yellow stone for a week with the family . The clutch feels like it is disengaging and the cable adjustment feels right it was loose when I got the bike but I adjusted the cable to see if this would help .

My old Yamaha YZF600R used to "Grind" between first and second, it was the dog gears trying to mesh but were worn so they were slipping in and out causing the noise and quite violent on the gear selector lever. the fix on that bike was either replace 2nd and 6th gears or have the dog gears back cut so they would engage and stay engaged til the next gear.
Second gear will be the gear that takes the most pounding in my opinion.

Do you mean internal adjustment or just with the cable And lever and it only does this on shifting from 1st to 2nd thanks

The underlined words Clutch adjustment, a few posts above, is a link.
Click on it and it will open a past thread explaining how to do it.

My Local Triumph dealer had a second test for the 2nd gear pop out problem. They are now convinced it is 2nd gear and not detent spring. I can purchase another up-date kit for $177. (I have one on the shelf if my Red Rocket ever needs it.) They have decided they will do it for 16 hours labor $1450.

What about doing myself ? Can a fairly good home mechanic do this job ?

Attachments

• DSCN2147.jpg
    DSCN2147.jpg
    294.8 KB · Views: 42
My Local Triumph dealer had a second test for the 2nd gear pop out problem. They are now convinced it is 2nd gear and not detent spring. I can purchase another up-date kit for $177. (I have one on the shelf if my Red Rocket ever needs it.) They have decided they will do it for 16 hours labor $1450.

What about doing myself ? Can a fairly good home mechanic do this job ?

Yes I have pulled my engine and split the case if your fairly good you can also.

Back