Oh No - Transmission........ BOOM Maybe.

Well the new MTC clutch basket has arrived.
Pictured next to he old one. Nice bit of kit - it’s a pity to hide it inside the engine.
F4150945-CB76-42D4-8298-35C3617C764F.jpeg
C8F14EF7-9339-4404-9976-BB114A49798B.jpeg
It is beautiful.

I disagree. Would rather have a nice tall overdrive - say 120kph at 2.5K. or 140kph at 3K. It is NOT a mono-cycle.

Chris,
I just don’t see the big deal with your proposed 3K @86 mph versus the OEM gearing of 3K at 79 or 80 mph.

A bit more?, that's what you call it? I would be interested your interpretation of a lot more.

You need at least 350hp on an R3 before hp/litre is equal to the LEAST powerful of the high performance litre bikes and we know at least 500hp is possible so 265hp wheelie monsters like Steel's are barely above stock :roll::roll:

RANGE per tank. Well that would be my wish. If I had the skills of @Claviger and @Speedy (and the dosh) I would try and build a diesel R3. Better fuel energy density. 500km per tank.

The rocket platform would make for an awesome diesel motorcycle. You would only need about half the size motor to get the same torque. Still, look at what riders want . . . HP. No matter what bike (mabye except for the goldwing) riders choose, they always zing it up to get more HP. HP is irrelevant when it comes to diesels. My old 7.3L international (F250) only makes 230hp but yields 550 ft/lb of torque at 1850 rpm. Combine an engine like that with a CV transmission and that would be an interesting animal.

You need at least 350hp on an R3 before hp/litre is equal to the LEAST powerful of the high performance litre bikes and we know at least 500hp is possible so 265hp wheelie monsters like Steel's are barely above stock :roll::roll:
This is why I wanted to try out the rocket, the torque. I really do not care at all about HP (well, at least not nearly as much). My first torque oriented bike was the Yamaha roadstar and I absolutley loved that low end pullaway low end low rpm torque. This machine was completely opposite from the GS1150 I had previously owned.

Back