Seat latch issue

1K9

No'mo Rocket 4 me
Ride
Honda CB1100
The latch on the seat will not open :banghead: :mad:. Have been able to work it before but ran out of tricks. I have a stock dual seat with front and back latches. The back on works fine. Greased lubed it last time I opened it

At least I'm home and inside the garage, near the frige and have cold beer. Need to get to the battery.

Last edited:
Might not be much of a help but try getting someone to push up and down on the seat as you try and turn the key or have another beer.:D

I need a bat like the one your Avatar is holding. :laugh: If I ever open it, will figure out a way to keep it open. I don't need to have a latch there. The pin will hold the set in place and the rear one will keep it on the bike if I fly off the back. :laugh:

i did notice that the tab that holds the end of cable over time bend a little which gave the cable too much slack and made it difficult, if you do get it off in one piece (no A bombs please) try bending tab to reduce cable slack

i looped a small electric wire around the rear latch to make it easier.
i was having trouble with mine and tried sitting on it key turned easy then pulled the back and it lifted wright up. like wow

Pics of the latch assembly - loose and the one fitted to my R3, I noticed when I first looked at mine the cable was not sitting in the right position as it had poped out. I hope this helps.
IMG_5639.JPG
IMG_5640.JPG
IMG_5642.JPG
IMG_5643.JPG

Pics of the latch assembly - loose and the one fitted to my R3, I noticed when I first looked at mine the cable was not sitting in the right position as it had poped out. I hope this helps.
IMG_5639.JPG
IMG_5640.JPG
IMG_5642.JPG
IMG_5643.JPG

OK, I need to come from the left side and push the latch that grams the seat pin. Thank you! No way I can see if the conduit has fallen off it's base and, although it seems to be working, it is not pulling the latch. Perhaps tomorrow, working on the third beer contemplating the problem. :roll:

just a thought if u sit on it and trun the key will u fell it spring loaded.
if i can remember i will try mine tonight.

Back