The response from Triumph below.

As i suspected, it was a conscious decision to fit something unsuitable on the basis of looks alone, no provision of an alternative, so no solution pending.

No use as a tourer with a pillion if it's damp out.

UK Aftersales Cases <after.sales@triumph.co.uk>
13:46 (1 hour ago)

to me

Hi ***** (redacted)

Thank you for your feedback that was received via at Telephone call to the Triumph GB office with regards to road spray from the back wheel on your Rocket R.

I’d like to explain to you that this aspect of the motorcycle was heavily considered during the design and testing stages of this model. A number of different rear hugger sizes were trialled and tested which all offered variable levels of rider protection and atheistic appeal.

The hugger that is fitted to the final production version of the Rocket 3 was chosen based on it offering the best all round performance in terms of minimising road spray without spoiling the overall image and styling of the motorcycle.

There were options that provided more protection but came at visual cost and it was decided that the option that is fitted, provides adequate protection and helps compliments what I’m sure you’ll agree are the fantastic, modern, sleek and stylish looks of the new Rocket 3.

So thank you for taking the time to provide us with your feedback which is always appreciated here at Triumph Motorcycles and I hope that you can see this feedback had previously been considered and for the reasons behind the final specification of the bike and not an oversight.

We would like to take this opportunity to wish you many safe and enjoyable mile on board your Triumph Motorcycle.

Kind Regards
****** (redacted)
Triumph GB
Design by committee always works like this.

This is what i did
83E91EE2-CE65-4B7A-BCE5-04258626FE37.jpeg
83D2361F-569B-4314-B04D-5760222E0112.jpeg

Harley make tyres too? :sneaky:

This thread is hilarious.
If Triumph had put a whopping great guard on the back you’d all be getting excited at how someone managed to get rid of it - as happened plenty of times with the 2.3 models. And there’s even been applause for removal of what’s on the new models too.
If your pillion is getting sprayed, just remove the back seat. Problem solved.
If you’re really worried about getting a bit of the environment on your clothing when you ride your MOTORCYCLE perhaps you should be driving a car.
I’m kidding, I’m kidding.......sort of.
On balance I’d say the vast majority of new Rocket riders ie riders of the new Rockets, would much rather have that fabulous rear wheel and fat tyre on show than not. If you’re someone who prefers instead to see some extra plastic on you bike there are or soon will be fixes available.

Richard,
I reckon most states, if not all, up here in the US require guards over the tires to protect others (vehicles and peeps) from debris like rocks and other crud.
The OEM "guard" is affixed to the axle/swing arm and moves with the wheel, so why can't that space between be covered in the same manner?

I’m kidding, I’m kidding.......sort of.
...i agree too....
It is what it is....if you dont like it then think of someway to alter it...
I'm thinking on the GT you could add the luggage rack on the back of the backrest and add a pan under or on top off it to stop the spray?....
Have a look at what Corbin are considering for the tail tidy...it's wide enough to cover spray i'm thinking...
yes.jpg

Richard,
I reckon most states, if not all, up here in the US require guards over the tires to protect others (vehicles and peeps) from debris like rocks and other crud.
The OEM "guard" is affixed to the axle/swing arm and moves with the wheel, so why can't that space between be covered in the same manner?

if both pieces are attached to the swing arm then that would certainly work. Ponters had a “rocker” style guard on his. That right @Mittzy ?

...i agree too....
It is what it is....if you dont like it then think of someway to alter it...
I'm thinking on the GT you could add the luggage rack on the back of the backrest and add a pan under or on top off it to stop the spray?....
Have a look at what Corbin are considering for the tail tidy...it's wide enough to cover spray i'm thinking...
yes.jpg

The Corbin Tail Tidy will need to extend back a few more inches so the license plate doesn't crush when the rear suspension compresses. That would ad a small extended fender out over the tire.

Back