The Corbin Tail Tidy will need to extend back a few more inches so the license plate doesn't crush when the rear suspension compresses. That would ad a small extended fender out over the tire.
...depending on the settings you have on your suspension and the size of the bumps you hit.
My intention is to have a tail tidy but i will be looking at all these things so that it protects the lens from getting dulled by debris coming off the tyre and also the compression damage you mention...how i do this is still not completely clear in my mind...but i do have some muddy ideas....

Yes I agree extend that back fender a little passed licence plate and will be fine.
Or just take the fender out and have some one do a complete aluminum one and powder coat it black

Did you consider adding a center brake light on that Sportster tail? Looks like a super slick mod.
Actually, i bought led pods for it, i was about to install them but i sold the bike last week:D

There is a gentleman on facebook that has utilised the hugger behind the Reg plate and attached it to the under tray of the sub frame along with the indicators creating a small rear fender and tail tidy in one. Doesn’t look bad at all and uses stock parts.

There is a gentleman on facebook that has utilised the hugger behind the Reg plate and attached it to the under tray of the sub frame along with the indicators creating a small rear fender and tail tidy in one. Doesn’t look bad at all and uses stock parts.
..My thoughts too..i have seen wide fenders which you can buy so when my bike arrives i will know how wide and shape/length i need. If i cant find a suitable one then i will look at having one made...

Best laid plans. Too bad you can’t have a larger garage.
I know it:D
IMG_0374.jpg

Back