I bought the inner fende liner from another bike, if i remember right it was from a Sportster, it fit perfectly, one bolt and 2 sided tape and i was in business:)

An idea for new R3 owners, this is my Harley with the same problem anfd how i fixed it, bear with me since i have to post from 2 different devices.
stock from factory;
fat bob.jpg
Never had that problem with the fatboy. I was not aware that you rode the Harley in the rain. :sneaky::sneaky::sneaky::sneaky::sneaky::sneaky::sneaky::sneaky:

PROBLEM SOLVED....for GT anyway!

Buy the Triumph luggage rack. Make a blanking plate the same shape from something like 0.6 mm stainless or alloy sheet from hardware store.. fit it under the rack...should stop most of the spray off the wheel.

There is still a gap between the backrest and the pillion seat. A tailbag like this one will cover that.

ogio tailbag.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
This thread is hilarious.
If Triumph had put a whopping great guard on the back you’d all be getting excited at how someone managed to get rid of it - as happened plenty of times with the 2.3 models. And there’s even been applause for removal of what’s on the new models too.
If your pillion is getting sprayed, just remove the back seat. Problem solved.
If you’re really worried about getting a bit of the environment on your clothing when you ride your MOTORCYCLE perhaps you should be driving a car.
I’m kidding, I’m kidding.......sort of.
On balance I’d say the vast majority of new Rocket riders ie riders of the new Rockets, would much rather have that fabulous rear wheel and fat tyre on show than not. If you’re someone who prefers instead to see some extra plastic on you bike there are or soon will be fixes available.

Try asking Triumph to send you the one that did not look as nice but gave better protection. The guy should have sing off saying, safe, enjoyable and dirty riding because that the way we designed it.

Or do what Ducati did and charge $500 for a mudguard:

Annotation 2020-03-21 044311.jpg

El Cheapo generic mud guards - not sure of fit:

Puig® - Rear Black Fender Extension

Back