coyote569

.020 Over
I put on a set of Traditional Leatherlykes on my R3C last night, and I am very pleased. They look good, and installation was a snap. It took about 20 minutes, including cleaning up the lube Leatherlyke supplies for the mounting studs. I think they are going to be a nice addition, and it is certainly handy to have a place to put stuff. I get the windshield in about a week, so things are coming together.

Hey Coyote569,I too got the Leatherlykes and really like them for thier ease of removal,weatherproofing,capacity and protection for the Rocket in case you drop it like I did.What windshield are you getting?That's my next item to get.

:) Leather Lykes are the nuts for bags...I've driven through some mighty rains with them on...great performers....I started out with a Roadster screen and went to the bigger Clearview unit....No wind buffeting anywhere

Windshield

After what I have read in the forums, I think I might put on a set of lowers, too. It gets cold in Idaho, and it is already cool in the morning on the way to work.

Oh Good Gawd!!! I wish it was cool here in the AM.... Most mornings it is knocking on 80 F at 6AM and it just gets muggier from there....:(

Is that a 6 cylinder or a automatic....:D.... Think about it.......

Enjoy them until they break off the the mounting studs, then enjoy buying a new bag at full retail from Hoseyou Corp. I think the Leatherlykes are a great luggage solution except for the unreinforced mounting holes which are guranteed to break out over big bumps like buckled expansion joints on the highway. Hoseyou Corp. could easilty reinforce the holes with a metal liner, but hey, then they wouldn't sell so many repalcements bags at full retail. I hope yours last longer than my two pairs.

I haven't seen any sign of breakage yet, but I will sure keep a watch on them. Thanx for the info. I am seriously considering the Leatherlyke trunk, but I don't think I would do it if the saddlebags are going to break frequently. Has anyone seen a picture of the front of the new trunk? I would sure like to see what the passenger has to rest against before I spend the money.

HoseYou, HoseMe, HoseUs.....

BanjoBart said:
Enjoy them until they break off the the mounting studs, then enjoy buying a new bag at full retail from Hoseyou Corp. I think the Leatherlykes are a great luggage solution except for the unreinforced mounting holes which are guranteed to break out over big bumps like buckled expansion joints on the highway. Hoseyou Corp. could easilty reinforce the holes with a metal liner, but hey, then they wouldn't sell so many repalcements bags at full retail. I hope yours last longer than my two pairs.

HoseYou corp. Sounds like a fine, upstanding employer making a first rate product. Wonder if they are ISO certified??:rolleyes:

BanjoBart said:

How much weight are you carrying in them? I think Hoese has recommended weight limits on them. Those limits are probably below what most people would like to carry at times, but you're the first person I've heard of who's had any problems.

Should not be too difficult to fabricate inner metal reinforcements for the plastic holes so the pins won't apply so much pressure to the plastic walls when you hit a bump--I might do that if I decide to carry more weight in them but so far no problems and I've been on some fairly rough roads including (inadverantly) some that were unpaved.

Back