Alright budman let me set your mind as to what they are about. I have purchased my second set of leatherlykes as the original set didn't survive the crash but neither did the bike. 75 does stuff to bones, bags and bikes. They will survive a slow dump with just scratches. They have reinforced the mounting area with an extra plate that runs the length of the bag. I had mine almost a year loaded with gear for tire repairs, rain suit, laptop etc etc. you don't need a rear crash bar if they are on the bike. Anything more than a slow dump or a drop and you will more than likely tap your insurance anyway. They lock, keep your stuff dry, each has a helmet clip so you and your honey can lock your lids and they come off in seconds for that naked :eek: look.

ISO Certified vs Good Quality

Wonder if they are ISO certified?

ISO does not make a supplier a great supplier...it only documents the process of accomplishing the end results....many times manufactures do not take the time to update the ISO documents to reflect changes in the manufacturing process. So be careful to judge the ability and quality of a supplier by ISO certification only.

..... I am seriously considering the Leatherlyke trunk, but I don't think I would do it if the saddlebags are going to break frequently. Has anyone seen a picture of the front of the new trunk? I would sure like to see what the passenger has to rest against before I spend the money.

A little late in reply but here ya go.

Link Removed

Back