Leather Chaps

After wearing the brown chaps I had in Stearns, I have decided to just stay with my old soft black cowhide chaps. The brown ones are up for grabs if anyone is interested...........Miss Sandy? They match that white and brown Indian
She traded that for a white and silver Roadmaster.

Darn, Doc!!!
You are indeed a man of taste & distinction! :thumbsup: :D
Ross Langlitz and my Dad (Indian Dealer and northwest MC guru in Tacoma, WA) were friends in the late 40s and early 50s. Dad always wore a Langlitz jacket and in much later years (1979-1981) I did also while a motor cop in Tacoma. Many PDs equip their motor cops in Langlitz jackets. When last at Langlitz (12 years ago) the son told me that a huge amount of their leather is sold to San Fransisco ????
I still have and frequently wear my Langlitz custom made jacket. Not so much the trousers anymore as both are heavy and bulky compared to the new multi-seasonal textile with crash pads.
Thanks, I studied on the matter for a year and just decided to go for the best. I bought a jacket and pants custom tailored in black goatskin.:thumbsup:

By the way pants are more fag proof than chaps. Gonna take quite a Bonner to punch through tha leather to get to my bum.:p

Oops I just messed up the man of taste distinction.;)

Thanks, I studied on the matter for a year and just decided to go for the best. I bought a jacket and pants custom tailored in black goatskin.:thumbsup:

By the way pants are more fag proof than chaps. Gonna take quite a Bonner to punch through tha leather to get to my bum.:p

YOu need to be a little more selective who you hang around with.

In the main counter at Langlitz sits a photo of a rider who exited his motor. The man's chaps we're of no help to him. His jeans were ground through as well as a half inch or so of the flesh covering 1/3 of his buttocks.

Another advantage is that if Langlitz leather wear is kept treated with their leather conditioner, the use of rain gear is pretty much unnecessary. And that is here in Washington and Oregon weather.

Another advantage is that if Langlitz leather wear is kept treated with their leather conditioner, the use of rain gear is pretty much unnecessary. And that is here in Washington and Oregon weather.
Same applies to ANY good leather. When did you last see a cow fill up with water in the rain?.

Back in the good old days when UK chip ships used dripping - all we did was clean our chippy fingers on the leather. ime Veggie fat does not last as long.

The issue though with fully greased up leather is how ruddy heavy it can get. Oh and I can fully recommend LEATHER HONEY.

There is a reason riding jeans ALWAYS have protection around the butt, I think chaps are more of a 'lifestyle' choice :whitstling::laugh:

ZoneMan-8db.jpg

Back