Leatherlykes

Discussion in 'Accessories' started by coyote569, Aug 15, 2006.

Tags:
  1. coyote569

coyote569.020 Over

Featured Threads:
    I put on a set of Traditional Leatherlykes on my R3C last night, and I am very pleased. They look good, and installation was a snap. It took about 20 minutes, including cleaning up the lube Leatherlyke supplies for the mounting studs. I think they are going to be a nice addition, and it is certainly handy to have a place to put stuff. I get the windshield in about a week, so things are coming together.

2. Baggage1

Baggage1Turbocharged

United States
    Featured Threads:
    Media:
    Hey Coyote569,I too got the Leatherlykes and really like them for thier ease of removal,weatherproofing,capacity and protection for the Rocket in case you drop it like I did.What windshield are you getting?That's my next item to get.

3. jefff1

jefff1.040 Over

:) Leather Lykes are the nuts for bags...I've driven through some mighty rains with them on...great performers....I started out with a Roadster screen and went to the bigger Clearview unit....No wind buffeting anywhere

4. coyote569

coyote569.020 Over

Featured Threads:
    Windshield

After what I have read in the forums, I think I might put on a set of lowers, too. It gets cold in Idaho, and it is already cool in the morning on the way to work.

5. Toystoretom

ToystoretomLiving Legend

United States
    Featured Threads:
    Oh Good Gawd!!! I wish it was cool here in the AM.... Most mornings it is knocking on 80 F at 6AM and it just gets muggier from there....:(

Is that a 6 cylinder or a automatic....:D.... Think about it.......

6. BanjoBart

BanjoBart.060 Over

Featured Threads:
    Enjoy them until they break off the the mounting studs, then enjoy buying a new bag at full retail from Hoseyou Corp. I think the Leatherlykes are a great luggage solution except for the unreinforced mounting holes which are guranteed to break out over big bumps like buckled expansion joints on the highway. Hoseyou Corp. could easilty reinforce the holes with a metal liner, but hey, then they wouldn't sell so many repalcements bags at full retail. I hope yours last longer than my two pairs.

7. coyote569

coyote569.020 Over

Featured Threads:
    I haven't seen any sign of breakage yet, but I will sure keep a watch on them. Thanx for the info. I am seriously considering the Leatherlyke trunk, but I don't think I would do it if the saddlebags are going to break frequently. Has anyone seen a picture of the front of the new trunk? I would sure like to see what the passenger has to rest against before I spend the money.

8. Sidecar Flip

Sidecar FlipLiving Legend

United States
    Featured Threads:
    Media:
    20150 Mc Carty Rd. Deerfield, Michigan 49238
    HoseYou, HoseMe, HoseUs.....

HoseYou corp. Sounds like a fine, upstanding employer making a first rate product. Wonder if they are ISO certified??:rolleyes:

9. dougl

douglLiving Legend

United States
    Featured Threads:
    Ride:
    2007 R3 Classic
    Is that Japanese firm?

10. ironbutter

ironbutter.020 Over

Featured Threads:
    How much weight are you carrying in them? I think Hoese has recommended weight limits on them. Those limits are probably below what most people would like to carry at times, but you're the first person I've heard of who's had any problems.

Should not be too difficult to fabricate inner metal reinforcements for the plastic holes so the pins won't apply so much pressure to the plastic walls when you hit a bump--I might do that if I decide to carry more weight in them but so far no problems and I've been on some fairly rough roads including (inadverantly) some that were unpaved.