Hot Rear Brakes

I have the supplement but wasn't sure it had what he was looking for. Is the suppliment something you copied out if a roadster manual or is it a actual supplement put out by triumph.

I have the supplement but wasn't sure it had what he was looking for. Is the suppliment something you copied out if a roadster manual or is it a actual supplement put out by triumph.

I bought the entire Service Manual and it included the included a separate Roadster Supplement, which I scanned to PDF.
Page 68 is the brake section, but it reveals little that the manual doesn't.

...................Now, Barbagris, tell me more about the rear hose................ :eek:

Well I've never been to Spain - oops

Sometimes old rubber brake hoses deteriorate in a way they start restricting flow. Pressure going to the caliper is quite high and can get forced through a bad hose, but pressure to get the fluid back in the master cylinder is limited by suck (-1 atm) and kick back from the rotor moving back and forth. Braided ss teflon lines do away with this.

BMW r1100 were bad about this.

Make sure you clean the seal grooves. Another sticking caliper issue on the r1100's was dust getting in the seal groove and pushing them against the pistons.

I read somewhere a long time ago that the Rocket brake lines are stainless???

The rust seems to be just in the last 2 or 3 mill where the piston is exposed. The only way to know is to tear it apart.

It's dirt! Will come right off with a brush and brake fluid. Since the caliper does not come apart… how do you take the pistons off? How do you get to the seals and replace them? :thumbsdown: There are pistons only on one side so I guess that's how you get to that.

Back