Hot Rear Brakes

1K9

No'mo Rocket 4 me
Ride
Honda CB1100
My 2007 Classic has the case of the hot rear brakes. I mean piping hot after a short ride. Took the caliper off and made sure there was play in the guide peg. Re-torqued everything and went back out. Same problem. If I lift the bike the wheel seems to spin easy.

If I was going downhill on the hills Im sure they would get extremely hot. Perhaps unsafe hot. Any suggestions?

stupid question. Level is not too full in master?

Make sure you aren't accidentally leaving your foot on the pedal.

If that is not it, could be a bad brake line holding pressure and not releasing before you apply the brakes again, which of course puts the pressure back on...

If that is not it, could be a bad brake line holding pressure and not releasing before you apply the brakes again, which of course puts the pressure back on...

Sometimes a piece of dirt might occlude the line.

Not riding with the rear brake on. Will bleed the lines tomorrow and see. Otherwise will remover the caliper and clean it well. Lets ride Saturday or Sunday.

Sometimes a piece of dirt might occlude the line.

Not riding with the rear brake on. Will bleed the lines tomorrow and see. Otherwise will remover the caliper and clean it well. Lets ride Saturday or Sunday.
Before you bleed them fully colapse the pistons and pump them out a couple times.

Back