rear tire getting harder to find....

Lemieuxfan

Supercharged
Ride
2014 Rocket III Roadster
in addition to very limited parts and their replacments; looking for a new rear tire and seeing out of stock and some with crazy prices...
i guess its back to the big Stone for the rear tire; w/the 150 front tire (i've used the 140) but not crazy about it
impossible to find the below and if you do; its overpriced

Avon AV92 Cobra Chrome 240/50R-16 84V Rear Motorcycl​

metzeler cruisetec?

Attachments

• oepfp545636_a3007e756a8dd98fb647324527e99804526fc67b.jpg
    oepfp545636_a3007e756a8dd98fb647324527e99804526fc67b.jpg
    62.5 KB · Views: 6
Last edited:
Forgetta bout it...

Edit- my bad. You're on a Roadster, but I ran the Exedra on the rear of my Roadster exclusively. Lots of favorites mentioned for the front. I liked the Dunlop Elite. Going to a higher/rear profile will improve the handling (shortens the rake)

Last edited:
in addition to very limited parts and their replacments; looking for a new rear tire and seeing out of stock and some with crazy prices...
i guess its back to the big Stone for the rear tire; w/the 150 front tire (i've used the 140) but not crazy about it
impossible to find the below and if you do; its overpriced

Avon AV92 Cobra Chrome 240/50R-16 84V Rear Motorcycl​

metzeler cruisetec anybody? The do show a matching front and rear with the rear out of stock of course

hope everyone is doing ok during these crazy times:

discovery question: have the big bridgestone tire being shipped to stealership; question- has anybody just ran this front with it? any issues?
forgive if this horse has been beaten down I've always went via the Avons but now that supply is gone and what is left is over 500 bucks... not worth it so rekindling this

pairing: (front tread pattern looks cert. different from the rear)

G701/G702 Exedra Tire (front tire)​

B-stone Exedra max 240/55r-16 (86v) (rear tire)​

Attachments

• dk652044.jpg
    dk652044.jpg
    25.9 KB · Views: 3
hope everyone is doing ok during these crazy times:

discovery question: have the big bridgestone tire being shipped to stealership; question- has anybody just ran this front with it? any issues?
forgive if this horse has been beaten down I've always went via the Avons but now that supply is gone and what is left is over 500 bucks... not worth it so rekindling this

pairing: (front tread pattern looks cert. different from the rear)

G701/G702 Exedra Tire (front tire)​

B-stone Exedra max 240/55r-16 (86v) (rear tire)​

I am currently running the tire with 10k miles and plenty of tread left. Funny but the center zig-zag groove does not wear at all. I am going to order another as it rides nicely and lasts a long time. The only con about the tire is the "H" speed rating.

Try a rear Michelin Road 6 in a 150/70R17 run backwards. Tis THE BEST front tire for the R

I am currently running the tire with 10k miles and plenty of tread left. Funny but the center zig-zag groove does not wear at all. I am going to order another as it rides nicely and lasts a long time. The only con about the tire is the "H" speed rating.
rides nice and last a long time- you have my attn: with that statement. I'm cool with the H speed (rarely have it over 100) esp. with these gas prices

michelin road 6 shows backordered can't get it

rides nice and last a long time- you have my attn: with that statement. I'm cool with the H speed (rarely have it over 100) esp. with these gas prices

michelin road 6 shows backordered can't get it
I see many sellers for the Michelin Road 6.
Not cheap, but you WILL get what you paid for! Tis ZR or W speed rated as well.

I remember when our 955 cayenne came out in 2004. Tires were like $450 a pop... No one had those sizes. Now.... Every one drive those sizes and I can get a high ends summer set of tires for $450 for all 4 and there is verity.
Point is... Unfortunately these tires are not common in the motorcycle world and we are blessed with a few options and we will be happy for it!

Back