Looking for rear tire

2008 Rocket

Standard Bore
Ride
2008 Rocket
I currently have Avon Cobra's mounted on my 2008 Rocket III and was wondering if there is a better tire out there or should I stick with the Avon's ? I'm not having any problems with my current tire but just curious what others are running on their Rockets. I have run Darkside on my prior Rocket, a 2006 and didn't really feel any difference. For those that have gone to the Darkside wondering what you are currently running on your Rockets also. Thanks to all.

Just about everyone on this forum runs the Bridgestone Exedra Max 240/55R16 (86V) on the rear of all year model Rockets that are not the touring models up to the new 2500's
It has a slightly taller height than the OEM Metzler's or the Avon's.
If you couple that with the slightly shorter than OEM, 140/75R17 on the front in Avon, Avon chrome, or Michelin Commander II
This greatly increases the "turn in" and the bike handles so much better in the twisties :)

G’day Gents,
Returning to Oz after 3 years in Malaysia, I struggled to find suitable tyres for my 08 touring. Especially to handle the road conditions and heat on North Queensland. What I am currently running is Michelin Scorcher 32 designed for

G’day Gents,
Returning to Oz after 3 years in Malaysia, I struggled to find suitable tyres for my 08 touring. Especially to handle the road conditions and heat on North Queensland. What I am currently running is Michelin Scorcher 32 designed for
the Harley Davidson Dyna Fat Bob and can be found at the crossroads of high performance and long tread life. I am having nil issues with tread wear with daily temp 30 -36 degrees Celsius and now afternoon wet season rains have started they handle just as well in the wet

I currently have Avon Cobra's mounted on my 2008 Rocket III and was wondering if there is a better tire out there or should I stick with the Avon's ? I'm not having any problems with my current tire but just curious what others are running on their Rockets. I have run Darkside on my prior Rocket, a 2006 and didn't really feel any difference. For those that have gone to the Darkside wondering what you are currently running on your Rockets also. Thanks to all.
Best available are the Bridgestone ExcedraMax in 240/55R16 and Michelin Road 6 rear in 150/70R17 run backwards.

G’day Gents,
What kind of mileage are you getting out of the Michlins .

Back