Rode newer rocket on 14psi (1 bar) rear tire pressure for around 6 months

I have FOBO TPM Caps, you can check your air pressure from your phone
fobo.jpg
I have that system too. Money well spent. It can also alert you to a puncture before your steering goes to he11.

I have FOBO TPM Caps, you can check your air pressure from your phone
fobo.jpg
I'm trying to determine if I like that design or the Tire Pressure Monitor built into the valve stem. With the valve stem model, you place the cap over the schrader valve to protect it. The cap shouldn't see any pressure. Problem is if the Monitor fails, the tire has to be pulled to replace. With this design, you don't have to worry about pulling the tire to replace if it fails since the cap has all the electronics. I guess my concern is that the cap must depress the schrader valve to determine tire pressure which kind of defeats the purpose of the cap....

Sigh, I'm getting too picky... I like it...

I'm trying to determine if I like that design or the Tire Pressure Monitor built into the valve stem. With the valve stem model, you place the cap over the schrader valve to protect it. The cap shouldn't see any pressure. Problem is if the Monitor fails, the tire has to be pulled to replace. With this design, you don't have to worry about pulling the tire to replace if it fails since the cap has all the electronics. I guess my concern is that the cap must depress the schrader valve to determine tire pressure which kind of defeats the purpose of the cap....

Sigh, I'm getting too picky... I like it...
I see what you mean about the cap depressing the valve. True, but it forms a tight seal in my experience and if it ever failed the system would alert you of the low pressure.

I've had mine well over a year and think it's a very solid investment.

I change my own tires, but before that I remember seeing signs in many shops that they would not change tires on bikes with TPM systems (built in).

It's certainly an interesting device, but then I have a vision where, you crash due to being distracted by your phone calling you up to tell you that your tyre pressure has just fractionally gone below the threshold set.
Deep down i'm not really into too much tech including rider aids on bikes....I've probably just got too many years of riding by the 'seat of my pants'.
I just like to focus on riding.

It's certainly an interesting device, but then I have a vision where, you crash due to being distracted by your phone calling you up to tell you that your tyre pressure has just fractionally gone below the threshold set.
Deep down i'm not really into too much tech including rider aids on bikes....I've probably just got too many years of riding by the 'seat of my pants'.
I just like to focus on riding.

I just use mine when i am ready to ride in the morning.
depe4nding on how u set it it can change about 4 degreese w/o alarm
but if u are on the internet (which u have to be for it to work) and it drops a lot of pressure it is definaly going to wake you up.

Back