Rode newer rocket on 14psi (1 bar) rear tire pressure for around 6 months

Just FYI,
I didnt check the tire pressure in very long time over 6+ months and I assumed that dealer might have filled up at last service plus rear tire never looked flat/low so i didnt bother. Only thing I noticed was little bit less power and heavier riding bike but I didnt take it seriously as I assumed it might be lower temperatures like 15C etc
I did a lot of riding on highway riding during these 6+ months
Today, i found today that rear tire had 13psi and front had 24psi. I followed the owner manual and filled it up to 42psi ( 2.9bar) as written in manual.

Cheers!
@imcool
Just want to say you're a good man to admit such a mistake. We've all made them- not sure I would have made that particular mistake, but I've certainly made my fair share of others. Keep riding. Keep learning....

I usually run 38 front, 42 rear, on a Touring
My manual says 42psi both ends. I hadn't thought to try anything else as it all seems to work fine. I am approaching 16000ks on the rear and there is still tread left. Apparently I must ride like a fairy to get this many Ks from what I have read. Fair enough I don't do burn outs but I do love to crank the throttle and feel the woosh on frequent occasions. Maybe the country riding is way less abrasive on tires. There is a real pronounced flat across the centre but still depth left on the rain grooves. Hey and **** it but I am going to get my moneys worth....about $450 AU for a rear!! However having said that I am lucky to get 5000Ks off my old shovel and maybe 6000 on my 1098.
Be interest to know how many Ks others are getting.

My manual says 42psi both ends. I hadn't thought to try anything else as it all seems to work fine. I am approaching 16000ks on the rear and there is still tread left. Apparently I must ride like a fairy to get this many Ks from what I have read. Fair enough I don't do burn outs but I do love to crank the throttle and feel the woosh on frequent occasions. Maybe the country riding is way less abrasive on tires. There is a real pronounced flat across the centre but still depth left on the rain grooves. Hey and **** it but I am going to get my moneys worth....about $450 AU for a rear!! However having said that I am lucky to get 5000Ks off my old shovel and maybe 6000 on my 1098.
Be interest to know how many Ks others are getting.

I get a little over 4,000 miles per tire, roughly. I go through three sets/year.

I never have ever done a burnout in my life.

42psi both tires- check often

I wear the tread on the sides (twisties) before the middle (highway miles). Our roads are very curvy and the texture is usually rough. I suspect those getting really high mileage are riding mostly Interstate or straight two-lanes on smooth roads (less hard acceleration, less hard braking).

Front Tire
• ~3,500 Bridgestone Exedra
• 7,890 Shinko
• 13,180 Shinko

Rear Tire
• 3,150 Exedra Max (more miles on this tire- long road trip with mostly highway miles)
• 8,427 Exedra Max
• 12,530 Exedra Max

Back