Rode newer rocket on 14psi (1 bar) rear tire pressure for around 6 months

i think i will get triumph TPMS now
Hi all, Maybe we are all over thinking it. I have a gauge (40 years old but still very accurate - well shows the same as other gauges I have tested against) that I use across all my vehicles. I check them once a month or everytime if I am going to do something silly (go faster than I should). I like new tech if it is genuinely useful but I dislike stuff if it just becomes something else that may break, eg start leaking etc. Maybe I am getting old but there is a lot of stuff out there now that I believe has limited usefulness. Like riding modes, I set my rocket max mode and just use less throttle if its slippery.
Still if nifty tyre monitoring is your thing and you find it useful then go for it.

I think it must be the magnesium or aluminum rims being porous, my cars and trucks go years without losing air, bikes seem to need topping up every month or 2

Hi all, Maybe we are all over thinking it. I have a gauge (40 years old but still very accurate - well shows the same as other gauges I have tested against) that I use across all my vehicles. I check them once a month or everytime if I am going to do something silly (go faster than I should). I like new tech if it is genuinely useful but I dislike stuff if it just becomes something else that may break, eg start leaking etc. Maybe I am getting old but there is a lot of stuff out there now that I believe has limited usefulness. Like riding modes, I set my rocket max mode and just use less throttle if its slippery.
Still if nifty tyre monitoring is your thing and you find it useful then go for it.
i am old school (or at least very old) but i like to sit in my chair and check the air w/o getting on my knees.
just my opinion

Deep down i'm not really into too much tech including rider aids on bikes....I've probably just got too many years of riding by the 'seat of my pants'.
I just like to focus on riding.
Same here. In the Rider mode I have ABS and traction control turned off. I usually have them on most of the time although it's nice to get back to the basics. ABS is good in the rain and dirt (if you're into that) but I rode for 40 plus years without them and did quite well. I practice hard braking a few times to readjust myself to braking without the ABS. If I go on a trip they are on and when I hit the twisties 90% of the time they are on. It just feels nice to go out and just ride without the nanny stuff activated once in a while. :thumbsup:

i am old school (or at least very old) but i like to sit in my chair and check the air w/o getting on my knees.
just my opinion
Hi Yea point taken. I just see so much 'tech' around that really is just something that maybe nice to have but it really is just another app to add to an overcrowded screen that is already full of stuff that eventually rarely gets used. Mind you I love stuff like cruise control.....takes a little bit of wear of my old wrists and really helps avoid speeding fines!!

I just use mine when i am ready to ride in the morning.
depe4nding on how u set it it can change about 4 degreese w/o alarm
but if u are on the internet (which u have to be for it to work) and it drops a lot of pressure it is definaly going to wake you up.
You don't need to be on the Internet. It works with BlueTooth- I know that's what you meant.

Holy crap- reading some of these responses.... It's just a "nut" that screws on to your valve stem that then works in the background (doesn't have to occupy your screen) that will alert you when your tire pressure drops suddenly. We're not talking about an app that drives the bike for you.

I like engine warning lights too, despite the fact that they might distract me when they come on suddenly.

i am feeling little bit harder front tire now, the front was also at 24psi and I got used to that because of roads built here are not up to the mark. I will reduce the air in front tire from 42psi to 35 psi so I dont sharp jerks/shocks on the bike.

i am feeling little bit harder front tire now, the front was also at 24psi and I got used to that because of roads built here are not up to the mark. I will reduce the air in front tire from 42psi to 35 psi so I dont sharp jerks/shocks on the bike.
To me that seems a bit too low. Experiment some, I am running 40 front and rear.

Back