FINALLY, 6 months later

Well, I've had both my engine and transmission rebuilt by Carpenter, both with good results, and I have no doubts at all that Claviger is speaking the truth, so I guess I'll have to file this one under "**** happens, sometimes", and leave it at that.
Welll anything can happen thats true but CLAVIGER says everthing BOB did and told him is a lie and since I know better then I find it hard to believe BUT I dont know why BOB would be intentionally messing up his engine package as its his product and he would want the best results for his customer wouldnt he .

Seems to me MR Imfastoo that the sonny guy has challenged you to some sort of race, now you have called him a homo. Sounds like you are afraid to take HIM up on it and using cheap insults to get away from it. I am guessing that it is time to put up or shut up, if you ride as fast as you can drive your keyboard you will have no problems beating him.

Seems to me MR Imfastoo that the sonny guy has challenged you to some sort of race, now you have called him a homo. Sounds like you are afraid to take HIM up on it and using cheap insults to get away from it. I am guessing that it is time to put up or shut up, if you ride as fast as you can drive your keyboard you will have no problems beating him.

Art, you're not even an employee there. You don't know **** about my transaction, and I have been 100% transparent about it.

My mechanic is Factory trained by Kawi, BMW, HD, Triumph, Aprilla, and Moto Guzzi. At the factory, not remotely, they send him there to get first hand training. He also worked in a machine shop building race motors for nine years, and was the go to guy here on island when the track was open for built motors.

He's torn down and rebuilt three of the five R3s on island, all with transmission issues, all running beautifully now.

I helped him unbox the head, it had shavings in it that we found within five minutes. I watched him do the tear down, I watched him remove the crap valve seals. I watched him measure the valve lash. The only thing I didn't personally see was setting the Cam timing, but without exception he's the best and most through mechanic I'v ever seen in my life.

When he says he did it by the manual, I believe him. He has literally every special tool, every manual in hard copy. Christ, he pulled off the bad carp head, installed the stock one, and rebuilt everything to exactly how I delivers the bike in about 2 hours back when the issue started. You couldn't tell it was ever apart.

You think what you want, but know, you are wrong.
JUST TALKED TO ED and he spoke to you and gave you all the specs and info SO you should call the shop and tell them exactly what you said online you should call and tell this story to Bob about the inferior parts before you start posting all the this negative stuff online .

Last edited:
Claviger is pissed and rightly so:evil: now who is at fault? it is just like a big circle that never ends, Art is trying in his own way to protect Carpenters good name(the dealings I have had with them have been great) but as we all know Art is not the most politically correct person on the site and starting name calling is not in the sites best interest, the point is that Claviger gets his beautiful looking bike running to his satisfaction and hopefully both sides the Mechanic and Carpenters can learn something from this.
I cannot believe that Carpenter would send a lovely piece of material as your head is out in that condition on purpose--screw ups happen but in this case it has caused a lot of frustration and strained nerves..

TRUE why waste time with him LOL

Back