Anyone used this? Dynojet Power Commander V Ignition Module #6-103 Triumph Rocket III

With the regard to the Dynojet ignition module, Is it possible raising the rpm to a , let's say, 7000rpm ? Does the stock ecu say, yes, go for it...

You can raise redline to 7K in tuneECU already.

The tuner bull is talking about is the real deal, he knows his ****, if he says he can get the same results without PC-V as with, then on that particular setup the PC-V isn’t required.

The ignition module has only really one use on a stock motor no power adder bike, ignition cut for the quick shifter, besides that you’re better off using the ignition tables in TuneECU.

For a force induced or nitrous bike, in my opinion the ignition module is **** near mandatory!!

You can raise redline to 7K in tuneECU already.

The tuner bull is talking about is the real deal, he knows his ****, if he says he can get the same results without PC-V as with, then on that particular setup the PC-V isn’t required.

The ignition module has only really one use on a stock motor no power adder bike, ignition cut for the quick shifter, besides that you’re better off using the ignition tables in TuneECU.

For a force induced or nitrous bike, in my opinion the ignition module is **** near mandatory!!

Tnx. the bike is supercharged.Redline had already been set to 7 k in Tune Ecu but someway on the Dyno the limiter comes in at 6600 rpm. Maybe the Dyno is reacting a bit slower when the engine is speeding up faster.

Are they bouncing it off the limiter or letting off when it reads 7000 on the gauge? The gauges are a bit optimistic.

Are they bouncing it off the limiter or letting off when it reads 7000 on the gauge? The gauges are a bit optimistic.

Yes, letting off when the gauge reads 7000, I'm known with this optimistic Triumph rpmgauge. Hm, could also been the rev setting of the TTSdyno, staying on the save side. Anyway, I shall have a try mapping the 8000 rpm Tuneecu if the 8000 fueltablerange is compatible with the 7000 mapping.

By the way, I'm also looking around for more powerful coils(MSD? ) for this fat lady.Any suggestions/experience ?

Yes, letting off when the gauge reads 7000, I'm known with this optimistic Triumph rpmgauge. Hm, could also been the rev setting of the TTSdyno, staying on the save side. Anyway, I shall have a try mapping the 8000 rpm Tuneecu if the 8000 fueltablerange is compatible with the 7000 mapping.

By the way, I'm also looking around for more powerful coils(MSD? ) for this fat lady.Any suggestions/experience ?

No knowledge, just came across them and no relation to my surname at all.;):D

Whites Triumph Rocket III Roadster 2010-2014 CDI Ignition Coils WPELC04120207 | eBay

[same on the US site:] Whites Triumph Rocket III Touring 2008-2018 CDI Ignition Coils WPELC04120207 | eBay

WPELC04120207-TR06.jpg
WPELC04120207-TR06.jpg

Whites Triumph Rocket III Roadster 2010-2014 CDI Ignition Coils WPELC04120207
Whites
Description
Brand new aftermarket replacement ignition coil unit.

Specifications:

• Voltage: 12V
  • Primary: 2.55 Ohm
  • Secondary: 23.20k Ohm
  • Holes Centres: 90mm
  • Leads: Twin
  • Suits: CDI
Bike Fitment:

• Triumph Rocket III Roadster 2010
  • Triumph Rocket III Roadster 2011
  • Triumph Rocket III Roadster 2012
  • Triumph Rocket III Roadster 2013
  • Triumph Rocket III Roadster 2014
SKU WPELC04120207-TR06
Brand Whites
Shipping Weight 0.3500kg

Last edited by a moderator:
Silly question: were one to wish to replace the coils, how many are needed ?

And the Whites ad doesn't say that I could find, "Package contains . . ." is it one each ?

Silly question: were one to wish to replace the coils, how many are needed ?

And the Whites ad doesn't say that I could find, "Package contains . . ." is it one each ?

I'm sure the informed will chime in but definitely looks like one per package in the photo and the box is labelled 'coil' not 'coils'. Also the spec "Leads: Twin" would suggest 1 per cylinder serving 2 plugs each.

And another thing I forgot to mention was that White's list the same item with different listing headings for the earlier Rocket 3 models and the Touring separately, which is as expected since the engine spark system has not changed over the years but wasn't there a MINOR change in spark plug heat range specification at some stage to deal with higher temps in some climates or somesuch issue.

Last edited:
There was a change to 1 heat range hotter plugs as standard from 8 to 7. Likely a spec they forgot to change when they neutered the original design before releasing the R3 to the public.

7/8/9 I don’t think the bike would give a flying ****, the motors so far from detonation it’s irrelevant unless it’s boosted or built.

Regarding coils, I get why most vehicles that are tuned upgrade, but why on the R3? It’s already CDI, and the dual plug thing means it’s going to light off anything you shove in the cylinder, boosted or not, might need a touch smaller gap is all.

Back on thread topic. Amazing cheap US$5 postage to Oz from Amazon USA and saves at least $60 on next best - an eBay price even with a special one off 5% extra discount.

For USA folk US$296.20 & FREE Shipping

For Aussies.

Order Summary
Item(s) Subtotal:
AUD 417.80
Shipping & Handling:
AUD 7.05

Total before tax:
AUD 424.85
Estimated tax to be collected:
AUD 0.00

Grand Total: