2012 Roadster
bag1.jpg
bag3.jpg
conduit.png
support1.jpg
support2.jpg
support3.jpg
support4.jpg
This started out with a riding buddy giving me a set of Throw-over saddlebags. I wanted a better mounting system, so I devised a rack made out of schedule 40 (thick-wall) 1/2" PVC pipe; the kind used for home irrigation. It was cheap to buy, easy to cut (many design modifications during the build), and by using 45 degree elbows, it allowed me to go around the shock, and rotate down and back to the rear footpeg for additional support. Once I was satisfied with the shape, I glued it all together and painted it the same night. I used the conduit brackets (5) to attach the bags to the mount, using small (8-32) button-head screws, fender washers, and lock-nuts. I bought longer flange bolts at the local hardware store to attach it all to the fender mounts. I have been on several rides since, no movement at all, and it is nice to have the extra storage.
Since mounting the bags, I decided I didn't like the chrome accents on the bags, so I took them off. All black and faster.......lol
Rangerbob

This is what I did . . .
Apologies for the filthy bike - just returned from a long ride.

Kong_4.jpg

They sort of look like the Hepco Becker mounting brackets, which mount at three points and are as solid as the Rock of Gibraltar.

Back