1st gear selection problem

ABC123

.040 Over
Ride
Rocket 3 roadster 2016
Hi all. I bought my Rocket new, a year ago. First bike I've ever owned.
When was ready to ride awayit wouldn't select 1st. I called the salesman and he tried and couldn't either. He then said just release the clutch lever a fraction and it will select.
It's done this every time on start up for a year now, so when I put it in for its service I pointed the problem out.
It's fine once I'm mobile and changing down to come to a stop.
The technician and staff say this is acceptable. I disagreed and contacted Triumph. They say it's not a problem and can happen occasionally. I had to tell him again it's NEVER selected 1st from start up unless I let the clutch out a fraction.
I won't accept his waffle and he has now offered to get a technician to go to the dealer where I bought it, and test ride it. I think I already know his conclusion.
Apologies for lengthy post. Anybody else experienced this, and can suggest my next move please?

Thanks Tripps. Not worth the technician giving it a run I guess.
It's only done 2,000 miles. I'll post further down the line with any change.
I wonder what else is in store?
Better not read the forums.

My 16 R3R with around 7k still has this issue. Many years ago I got used to rolling my race dirt bike back and forth to get first gear engaged, so i do the same for my Rocket

When it won’t go in I release and roll the bike back a tiny bit and it’ll drop right in. It’s not isolated to the rocket, my Daytona 955, my buddies Daytona 675, 2006 CBR1000rr, 2010 GSXR 1000, and 250 thumper all had the same thing.

It has to do with the way motorcycle tranny’s work, it’s different than a car mechanically and this is one of the ways those differences manifest themselves.

Thanks fellas for all your replies, and the explanations. Guess anything manmade can give problems.

Back