1st gear selection problem

Cheers dawb. With our weather over here, it might take me some time! Lol.
Planning a trip to Northern Spain later on in 2018.
Roads and scenery there are nirvana.

I'll give it some thought as I don't want to give them an excuse if it comes to a warranty claim.
I'll ask them first. :)

IF you just can't wait to put your ramair on, do it, but hang on to the plenum parts you remove...you can put everything back if you need warranty service. That's a perfectly legal if sneaky tip. (Well in US anyway.) As for the trans....it's the nature of sequential transmissions, that they just don't work well standing still or when cold. It's does get smoother with miles.

@rocketjohn - cheers for the tip. I’ll probably look for an independent, once the warranty expires.

If you still have stock Exhaust with cat box & all the restrictions, etc you probably are not going to gain much with the Ramair. You should open up the Exhaust first. Would be like taking in a big deep breath but not able exhale it all out

Last edited:
Cheers dawb. With our weather over here, it might take me some time! Lol.
Planning a trip to Northern Spain later on in 2018.
Roads and scenery there are nirvana.
Sounds great! Rocket is great for tripping....making a quick run down to Tombstone tomorrow...in low 60's in California, expecting low 70's mostly along the route.though morning and some passes will be in high 30's.

@dawb - I’m really looking forward to it as I’m heading forvthe same place where I took my Lotus Elise a few years ago.
It’s a pity we have such a crap climate here, and crowded roads and.......
You get the picture I’m sure.
Enjoy your ride tomorrow. Brilliant climate you have there.

Back