Where to Install Gi Pro Black and Red Wires

JohnnyCanuck

Supercharged
Hi everyone,

I finally received my Gi Pro the other day and was super stoked to set it up. Took my bear claw off and raised the fuel tank for the first time in doing so. Great learning experience! Have it all set up except for the black ground wire and the red power wire. My issue is that I connected the black ground to the negative battery terminal but noticed a lot of shredding of the strands of the wire when I screwed and unscrewed the negative battery terminal screw. It's already a lot thinner than it originally was! I often put the battery on the tender so the wire will fall apart with constant screwing and unscrewing. Questions as follows:

1) Should I just attach the black wire to the chassis ground and where is a good place on the chassis to ground it?
2) Or should I just crimp some ring connectors to the black and red wire and just keep them on the battery? Never crimped anything so advice on this front appreciated also!
3) It was suggested on another site to add another fuse box for the red wire. Has anyone gone this route? Some basic instructions also appreciated.

Thanks!

I originally had mine hooked up Black,with crimp on ring terminal, to the battery and the red power wire to the rear taillight hot wire so it was on switched power.
Now I have added a pc-8 fuseblock and the wires now reside on a switched circuit on the fuse block.
It is not necessary to use switched power.

Back