IMG_0330.JPG My turn. IMG_0331.JPG My little helper. (Blackie the cat) He sneaked in.

Does not need a Triumph Teck or even a motorcycle mechanic. Simple job for anybody who can use a spanner really. Ideally as long as they have a bike lift or jack that suits to lift the rear wheel while bike upright. Plenty of instructions in the threads here.

Some have done while on the sidestand but not ideal and a lot harder.

I have these 444's and the improvement over stock was amazing. Compliant, no crashing over bumps and potholes. Vastly reduced wallow and improved handling in corners and steering response (I got 13" rather than stock 12.5" version).

Read the threads to determine wether you need Std or Heavy Duty springs when you order.

Great to hear but excuse my ignorance...how would you describe the difference? Can any Triumph tech fit these for me...Just collected a 2017 R3 ( traded my 2015 that some tow rag stole some parts off)
Thanks

The main differences I noticed that stood out the most were:

1: Going over expansion joints, stock felt like a kidney punch, after putting on 440s/444s you feel the bump but it's drastically reduced and bike doesn't hop over it anymore.

2: When hitting a bump midcorner the bike won't change its line as much if at all, it'll just soak the bump but the tire stays on the ground so it doesn't hop out sideways slightly like stock will.

Overall it just smooths the ride out, and takes the sharpness off bumps but does it while preventing you from bottoming out, the bottom out is what causes the kidney punch feel, it's a result of too little high speed compression damping stock.

Higher tier shocks then progressives like ohlins and Wilber's do the same they just do it better with more adjustability to tailor the damping to your local riding conditions (track, good streets, bad streets, etc).

On small bumps/low speed compression events I found the 440s exactly right, perfect really. It's the pot holes/bigger bumps/high speed compression events the Wilber's really stood out vs the progressives.

I bought 444s a year ago and thet are great value for what you get. Did the front end late last year with progressive springs. Like everyone else, found it really a game changer after the spine hammering stock shocks. 444s do what I need them to do, but you never know might go Wilbers in the future.

I bought 444s a year ago and thet are great value for what you get. Did the front end late last year with progressive springs. Like everyone else, found it really a game changer after the spine hammering stock shocks. 444s do what I need them to do, but you never know might go Wilbers in the future.
Wow. Just went on my first ride with the progressives. Incredible difference! Night and day! You really understand how bad the stockers are once you ride on these puppies!

Thanks again guys. This bike just keeps getting better!!

I bought the 444's about a year ago as well and for me they do handle better than stock but when I tried to set up the pretension I backed them all the way off and still can't get an inch of sag. Mine seem really stiff and I cringe every time that I know I am going over a bump. I weigh 200lbs. I just sent them back to progressive to have them tested and they told me that they work as they are supposed to and they said the spring tension is correct too. I was afraid that maybe they sent me the HD shocks by mistake. By the sounds of it everyone else is happy with the Progressive shocks. Any body have any suggestions out there??? Let me know. Thanks

Just to be 100% clear, did you specifically tell them they should be standard duty rated springs as that was what your ordered?
If they just forwarded them to their tech to check and if it is a Heavy Duty spring, the spring tension may be correct for the spring that they tested and confirmed was to specifications but not their suitability to your actual riding weight.

Progressive part no. 444-4209b is for regular and progressive part no, 444-4233b heavy duty. I would double check.

Back