Progressive Suspension 444 shocks and fork springs

Ishrub, Thank you! The tech made the correct recommendation. Ran 440, OK. Ran Comfort Ride from Triumph, OK. 444, pricy but worth it.
Excellent! Lots of comments coming in about Progressive Suspension!

I am just editing Post#50 that may clarify it further.
So after what Ishrub has written about the 13inch shock giving a plusher ride, has anyone used the 13 inch shock? If so, what is your reaction? If not, the 12.5 works well for you?
Is it better for someone at 230 lbs to go with the 13inch with standard springs?

I expect to be buying soon, but can't figure out whether I should stick with standard 12.5 or go with the longer 13. I hate when there are too many choices! Results in too many "what ifs"!

The stock size 12.5 works rather well for me. If the bike ran better with 13 inch shocks i believe Triumph would have built that way. Standard spring at 12.5 gives a real good ride with out upsetting the geometry of the bike.

The stock size 12.5 works rather well for me. If the bike ran better with 13 inch shocks i believe Triumph would have built that way. Standard spring at 12.5 gives a real good ride with out upsetting the geometry of the bike.

As per Sonny, Scott and OlBull's recommendations... 12.5" Progressive 444 standard @ 1 ring preload + front Progressives #7 oil. Classic handlebars risers removed. OEM dual-up saddle with backrest set @ #4 + beads on the saddle. Life is good even with a CT.

As per Sonny, Scott and OlBull's recommendations... 12.5" Progressive 444 standard @ 1 ring preload + front Progressives #7 oil. Classic handlebars risers removed. OEM dual-up saddle with backrest set @ #4 + beads on the saddle. Life is good even with a CT.
CT?

3827.jpeg

After many good experiences with Progressive on other bikes, installed 13" Progressive 444 with HD springs a couple hundred miles ago on my 2011 Rocket Roadster sidecar rig, then discovered it needs a heavier duty Hyperpro shocks due to added sidecar weight and auxiliary fuel cells.

Will be putting the 13" 444's up for sale when the new shocks arrive. PM me if interested.

Back