Are these them? I'm also confused...are they 499 each or for a pair???

Progressive Suspension 444-4214B Black 12.5" Standard Big Mile Riders Rear Suspension Shock
Part number progressive 444-4214b is for Bonneville's. not listed for ROCKETS. Progressive part no. 444-4209b is for regular and progressive part no, 444-4233b heavy duty. This will fit the Rocket

Last edited:
Part number progressive 444-4214b is for Bonneville's. not listed for ROCKETS. Progressive part no. 444-4209b is for regular and progressive part no, 444-4233b heavy duty. This will fit the Rocket

Thanks. Just ordered the regular ones!

The biggest differences are that ones a "average fit" and ones a custom fit, regarding spring rates and damping.

The Wilber's can be both more comfortable and better performing depending on how you set them up.

Wilber's can be tailored to you, your roads, and your mood with a couple of clicks. Triple adjustable shocks like the 642s and Ohlins stuff aren't even in the same category as best fit shocks.

444s are a big step up from the tragedy that is the stock shocks though! The gap between the stock to 444s is smaller than the gap between 444s and 642s.

If you live somewhere with seriously fubar roads (Hawaii, Detroit, New York) that have pot holes everywhere, bad road seams, etc the 642s are the way to go so you can soften high speed damping to soak the big bumps up and leave low speed somewhat firm to be grippy in corners.

Edit: The other difference is about $1,000 :)

Just to add, you can buy shocks from Progressive from a slightly lighter bike to get slightly lower spring rates and soften the ride a bit if that's what your after. I think I was running 440s from a V2K or something similar that was about 100lb lighter than the R3R, it was super smooth, Cadillac like even lol.

Ooh baby
IMG_8276.PNG

Back