Research cartridges -- I was "this close" to buying a set out of California and a guy just across the border in Maryland installs them, and may yet do it. And interestingly, these particular cartridges fit *only* the Touring -- Roadster apparently has a different geometry.

And of course, we had to hijack a thread for the Roadsters. Apologies.

Research cartridges -- I was "this close" to buying a set out of California and a guy just across the border in Maryland installs them, and may yet do it. And interestingly, these particular cartridges fit *only* the Touring -- Roadster apparently has a different geometry.

And of course, we had to hijack a thread for the Roadsters. Apologies.
He just said shocks. I think the Roadster comes equipped with cartridges. Who makes them in Cali pray tell?

I've been thinking of getting the heavy duty progressive 444s for the rear. I'm not sure for up front. Does anyone make cartridges for the Touring model?

Is 11.5" the stock length for the rear?

NO NO NO
12.5 INCH

I have the black 444s on my Roadster. Definitely much better ride over the stock shocks. Don't know about Wilbers... can't afford them.

When you adjust preload on the 444 grab the spring and the adjuster as you turn. This makes it a lot easier to adjust preload rather than just turning the adjuster at the top of shock.

Last edited:
Are these them? I'm also confused...are they 499 each or for a pair???

Progressive Suspension 444-4214B Black 12.5" Standard Big Mile Riders Rear Suspension Shock

Where can I order the 444s for my 16 roadster? I'd like them in black if possible. What size did you order?
I ordered mine from the Progressive web site. It was $624.00 for a pair. Ordered black 12.5 inches with heavy duty springs. No 444's listed for late models but the 2012 has a listing. Truimph has the 2012 listed with shock T2055399 same for 2015 so they will fit.

Last edited:
Back