I have the black 444s on my Roadster. Definitely much better ride over the stock shocks. Don't know about Wilbers... can't afford them.

When you adjust preload on the 444 grab the spring and the adjuster as you turn. This makes it a lot easier to adjust preload rather than just turning the adjuster at the top of shock.

Great advice! Makes it much easier!

Out of the 9 settings where did you set yours? I got mine at 4 grooves showing.

Great advice! Makes it much easier!

Out of the 9 settings where did you set yours? I got mine at 4 grooves showing.

I can't remember precisely.... I'd have to look. However if I go on a trip and have loaded some weight on the bike I add more preload.

I have not had the chance to set sag since it takes two people to properly do it... lol

Have been curious on what the final adjustment on sag.

I can't remember precisely.... I'd have to look. However if I go on a trip and have loaded some weight on the bike I add more preload.

I have not had the chance to set sag since it takes two people to properly do it... lol

Have been curious on what the final adjustment on sag.

http://www.progressivesuspension.com/product/1423/444-series-shocks

With 13" shock length an inch less i.e.
Target Ride Length (in) : 12.00
Target Ride Length is the length of the selected shocks, installed, and as measured between the upper and lower shock mounts, when the full weight of the rider(s) & gear are on the bike and ready to ride. This is a fast and easy way to set your rear suspension at optimum Ride Sag (1/3 of total suspension travel)

With the shocks selected above installed and the full weight of the rider(s) & gear on the bike as it will be ridden, measure the distance between the upper and lower shock mounts (center to center). If your measurement is less than the indicated Target Ride Length, increase the spring pre-load to raise the bike until you achieve the Target Ride Length. If your measurement is more than the indicated Target Ride Length, reduce the spring pre-load to lower the bike until you achieve the Target Ride Length. Achieving the Target Ride Length in this manner sets the rear suspension ride sag for optimum performance and comfort.

http://www.progressivesuspension.com/product/1423/444-series-shocks

With 13" shock length an inch less i.e.
Target Ride Length (in) : 12.00
Target Ride Length is the length of the selected shocks, installed, and as measured between the upper and lower shock mounts, when the full weight of the rider(s) & gear are on the bike and ready to ride. This is a fast and easy way to set your rear suspension at optimum Ride Sag (1/3 of total suspension travel)

With the shocks selected above installed and the full weight of the rider(s) & gear on the bike as it will be ridden, measure the distance between the upper and lower shock mounts (center to center). If your measurement is less than the indicated Target Ride Length, increase the spring pre-load to raise the bike until you achieve the Target Ride Length. If your measurement is more than the indicated Target Ride Length, reduce the spring pre-load to lower the bike until you achieve the Target Ride Length. Achieving the Target Ride Length in this manner sets the rear suspension ride sag for optimum performance and comfort.

How about connecting sensors to both ends of the shock and providing a digital read out on the bars to provide a dynamic target ride length. Go Go Gadget

How about connecting sensors to both ends of the shock and providing a digital read out on the bars to provide a dynamic target ride length. Go Go Gadget

Jeezus whats wrong with a ruler or even simpler a finger or thumb? Mark your shock shaft with a texta or sharpie unloaded and measure an inch lower and mark again. If you have a small zip tie you could use that like you do with front suspension forks to measure suspension movement. Just measure one knuckle joint that equals an inch and/or use the fold lines on your preferred finger. No c*cks or digital devices required here guys.

My sensor's are high tech. No need for a digital read out. Wiring is a bit difficult. Would not try to trouble shoot it myself. Sometimes it needs to be re-tuned due to chemical introduction at times. It also is a multiple function sensor which is very sensitive to foreign objects. Must admit after 59 years of use it ain't pretty. Still functional and lets me know real quick if I have everything set right. Oh by the way not for sell.:roll::roll::roll::roll::roll::roll::roll::roll::roll::roll::roll::roll::roll::roll::roll::roll::roll:

Back