I was kidding. Please go ahead .. All info is good except drag races. I am not there yet. :)
I took your post wrongly I guess and for that I am sorry. I'm back in if that's ok. Drag racing on the streets is illegal so I never do that.;)

I am just wanting to compare the bikes just like you are trying to do the same to see which one suits you better.

I took your post wrongly I guess and for that I am sorry. I'm back in if that's ok. Drag racing on the streets is illegal so I never do that.;)

I am just wanting to compare the bikes just like you are trying to do the same to see which one suits you better.
You dont gotta be Sir. I just making sure I am able to absorb and catch up. You had a good question on 245hp in here. My humble assessment . An older Rocket III with a 245hp pack blows away the newer TFC . The TFC I think is 165 on paper. The big concern is upgrade to a 240ish pack then except for Bob no one can fix em.

Last edited:
There are many thing's to weigh in the decision. I have one of his kits and I've done thousands of miles with no issues. I have a good mechanic to do valve checks, timing chain tensioning, and the other basic stuff. My assessment is that I would do it again if the bike were to blow up today.

So then if the option of getting that extra juice entices one then it offsets the price advantage of getting the older model. Then the choice becomes more personal as to what ones wants :
1. The modern electronic nimble machine
2. The mechanical analog dog that screams 245 hp power. I have seen a 245 Rocket smoking Ducati Diavalos in a single flick of wrist.

Life is hard as it is and then we have tough choices to make. Sigh*

So then if the option of getting that extra juice entices one then it offsets the price advantage of getting the older model. Then the choice becomes more personal as to what ones wants :
1. The modern electronic nimble machine
2. The mechanical analog dog that screams 245 hp power. I have seen a 245 Rocket smoking Ducati Diavalos in a single flick of wrist.

Life is hard as it is and then we have tough choices to make. Sigh*
At the end of the day it's about how full your wallet is...if it's full get both 😅
For me I like working on bikes, so the newer ones aren't there for me...yet 😊🚀😎

If you know you are going to modify a bike extensively then you must go with the 2.3 because it can be done at this time. The 2.5 feels like it does not need much and a Penner tune will wake it up.

Before you modify an engine you need to be clear about what kind of power profile you are looking for. The older Gurus recommended a torque build for me since i live in the mountains and it has been the best choice for me. The higher HP carpenter bikes need to rev quite a bit higher rpms to get that max number you are lusting for. I rode one bike that needed to get over 4500 rpm to really feel like it was awake. At 7000+ things got real. The bike I own get good power from 2200 and up to a max rpm of 7250 with no drop off at the rev limiter.

I need a qualified Rocket captain to come over to my house so we can race my two bikes side by side a few times and see how they fare. Anybody wanna come over?;)
I would but im not qualified. my rocket has seen only 3000rpm and 79mph :unsure:

You dont gotta be Sir. I just making sure I am able to absorb and catch up. You had a good question on 245hp in here. My humble assessment . An older Rocket III with a 245hp pack blows away the newer TFC . The TFC I think is 165 on paper. The big concern is upgrade to a 240ish pack then except for Bob no one can fix em.
I guarantee the 245 bike blows the TFC away in a straight line, you are correct. I have 168 proven at the wheel on a tuned TFC. I do think there are mechanics that can work on the Carpenter modified bikes.

I would but im not qualified. my rocket has seen only 3000rpm and 79mph :unsure:
We do not drag race around here. I have been known to "run" a buddy. We all know those are Mexican numbers and like dog years need a multiplication factor of three.:cool:

Back