Good shops to build a Rocket in Florida?

Taz

.020 Over
Ride
2014 Rocket 3 Roadster
Not really sure where to put this thread so apologies if not the ideal place. I definitely would like to upgrade my rocket. Unfortunately (or maybe fortunately) I just moved to Florida where I am renting a place and it appears according to the lease I can't do any work on anything in the garage.

My previous house where I had a very well equipped garage I am in the process of selling and it is too far away to just drive there an use (1300 miles). I spoke to the local Triumph shop today and they don't seem real keen to take on a build and while they have a dyno, doesn't seem like anyone there is very proficient in tuning.

So I am looking for a shop or person who might be able to do the build out I am considering in the area or somewhere within driving distance for me. So that would be from basically anyway from New Orleans to Charlotte, NC.

I am leaning toward Neville's cams and some other bits and possibly going with the super charger. I really thought about Carpenter but I don't really want to turn the bike into basically a 2 liter - liter bike that I need to spin to 8-9k to make it really go. I basically want thrust at least equivalent (or very close to it) to my BMW S1000RR at its peak but keeping maybe not spinning the R3R over 7k (tops). I also don't want to run super loud exhaust as I like to ride fast and a lot of noise just attracts undue attention.

So if anyone has a good suggestion for a shop or person that can build/tune this thing right, I am definitely interested if it is within my driving distance.

I forgot the name of the shop, but Shadetree Surgeon talks about a shop in Tampa that just redid his Rocket.

[NOTE: The video has a long preamble - the Rocket 'review' starts at 3' 21"]

That is a start, thanks! I'll reach out and see where it goes.

Back