Good shops to build a Rocket in Florida?

Discussion in 'Rocket Performance' started by Taz, Jul 13, 2018 at 10:08 PM.

Tags:
  1. Taz

Taz.020 Over

United States
    Featured Threads:
    Ride:
    2014 Rocket 3 Roadster
    Not really sure where to put this thread so apologies if not the ideal place. I definitely would like to upgrade my rocket. Unfortunately (or maybe fortunately) I just moved to Florida where I am renting a place and it appears according to the lease I can't do any work on anything in the garage.

My previous house where I had a very well equipped garage I am in the process of selling and it is too far away to just drive there an use (1300 miles). I spoke to the local Triumph shop today and they don't seem real keen to take on a build and while they have a dyno, doesn't seem like anyone there is very proficient in tuning.

So I am looking for a shop or person who might be able to do the build out I am considering in the area or somewhere within driving distance for me. So that would be from basically anyway from New Orleans to Charlotte, NC.

I am leaning toward Neville's cams and some other bits and possibly going with the super charger. I really thought about Carpenter but I don't really want to turn the bike into basically a 2 liter - liter bike that I need to spin to 8-9k to make it really go. I basically want thrust at least equivalent (or very close to it) to my BMW S1000RR at its peak but keeping maybe not spinning the R3R over 7k (tops). I also don't want to run super loud exhaust as I like to ride fast and a lot of noise just attracts undue attention.

So if anyone has a good suggestion for a shop or person that can build/tune this thing right, I am definitely interested if it is within my driving distance.

Joesmoe and Tripps like this.
  2. Steel

SteelResident Coonass

Featured Threads:
    Media:
    Ride:
    2012 Roadster & 2006 Classic
    I forgot the name of the shop, but Shadetree Surgeon talks about a shop in Tampa that just redid his Rocket.

[NOTE: The video has a long preamble - the Rocket 'review' starts at 3' 21"]

Tripps and Joesmoe like this.
  3. Taz

Taz.020 Over

United States
    Featured Threads:
    Ride:
    2014 Rocket 3 Roadster
    That is a start, thanks! I'll reach out and see where it goes.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice