06 vs 16 Rocket on dyno Ashburton 24 Nov 2018

phar2slo

Living Legend
Ride
2006 classic
Well a very wet trip across the city to meet up with Tal & his mate Gary.

Then down the Road in Showers all the way.

Arrived at the venue paid the entry fee and could smell burning plastic I think that's got to be my leatherlik panniers!

Asked the bloke where do you want us to park? He said just in the middle over there. Link Removed
Turns out we were almost the first ones to show up. The other few bikes had parked under cover. Link Removed
Found out what that burn smell was @Tal plastic wet weather gear melted to the header. Lol. Holy pants for the trip home.

They had a dyno trailer on site for free :eek: So a couple of Harley's had been on 70 and 72 RWHP. I thought might as well have a go and see what the blue beast had.

Link Removed
Well bugger me if it didn't come back with 142 RWHP. So happy as was the best for about an hour.

Link Removed
Until someone else had to put Their Rocket on the machine and above is the overlay of our two Rockets. Link Removed
@Tal came in with a 153 RWHP.

Was happy for him but can't complain too much for a 12 year old bike it still hauls ar5e.

Gary said that his VMax boost would probably have had more RWHP but didn't want to show us up. Which was very nice of him.

The trip home was really wet when we got the Rakaia River bridge the sky's opened up and boy was it wet Quite a few cars had pulled off the road just before the bridge. The bridge must of had at least 2 inches of surface water on it or that what it looked like watching Tal ahead of me but with me wearing the helmet without the anti fog it was very hard to see or tell. I do have a video of Tal that I will post shortly.

2006 Classic in the colour BLUE which is no slower than black.:confused::confused::cool::eek::eek:

@Tal run on the dyno.
We both did the the runs in fourth gear.

I hit 220kph on my first run according to the speedo and 6500rpm.
Makes me think I should hook up the tune ECU to see just what tune the shop loaded after the gear box repairs.

Still have the @HansO tune cat delete +5 that I keep thinking I should upload.

Last edited:
If you just have stock header and TORS your numbers are pretty much normal as with his and the Jardines. Swap thd pipes and yours would tune to 153 easily. Both are good :)

2ndehs.jpg

But good :D

trying to encourage him into Pauls headers and cans....he dosnt have tors but rather a 3 muffler system ...i have some tors in my shed:sneaky: but being a family man with wife and kids he might have to get mum to loosen the purse strings a bit..and fair enuff too...rome wasn't built in a day was it?.....:banghead:

trying to encourage him into Pauls headers and cans....he dosnt have tors but rather a 3 muffler system ...i have some tors in my shed:sneaky: but being a family man with wife and kids he might have to get mum to loosen the purse strings a bit..and fair enuff too...rome wasn't built in a day was it?.....:banghead:
They made the Triple TORS also. Never heard of stock pipes tuning to that number not even with the cat delete. But TORS thats a all day number. He might want to look underneath and see whats written on them buggers.

@warp9.9 Tal has seen my bike alot and even ridden it 15 miles and it has only two pipes on the right hand side.

Also says in the bottom of my posts as to what they are.

Back