Rocket Launch

Launch one in the books.

Launch two cancelled.

What's up doc? :cautious:

Well somebody had to say it. :roll::roll::roll::roll:

Just remember Mel. 'Gravity, it's not just a good idea , it's the LAW'.

(ya ought to see what happens with about another 100 pounds or so on the pegs)
:eek:

I actually like the little rises that cause that weird stomach feeling but this was a bit much.

Tripp’s sorry to hear about your injury. I’ve had a few strains just hanging on during little wheelies and hard take offs.

Sometimes once is enough.:p

Got me to thinking . . . always dangerous.
Because the air resistance of a rider & Rocket would be the same, a 200 pound rider & Rocket falling would be the same as a 300 pound rider & Rocket.
In a 1 meter fall, each would impact the ground at a vertical speed of 16 Km/h or 10 mph.
The problem would be the force that fall would generate - 4445 Joules or 3278 foot pounds!!!

Because the air resistance of a rider & Rocket would be the same, a 200 pound rider & Rocket falling would be the same as a 300 pound rider & Rocket.
In a 1 meter fall, each would impact the ground at a vertical speed of 16 Km/h or 10 mph.
The problem would be the force that fall would generate - 4445 Joules or 3278 foot pounds!!!
That just sounds to me like a fancy way of saying "the bigger they are, the harder they fall". :D

Nobody likes a math show off.

That just sounds to me like a fancy way of saying "the bigger they are, the harder they fall". :D

Ian,
Actually, what I'm saying is quite the opposite. :D
The heavier they are the harder they hit, would be closer to what you say.

Back